𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐗𝐈

"I still don't understand why you won't let us come with you!" Mari wailed, running after me as I rushed around my chambers.

"I've told you girls so many times already that it's not safe! I am not going to put your lives in danger over a damned party." I scowled, beginning to grow impatient with Mari's behaviour.

Today was King Edmunds birthday and everyone was rushing around the castle, getting the horses and carriages ready and all of the royals outfits. Word got round quickly that we had been invited to Keit, so it didn't take long for my three ladies to find out and they were most disappointed when I informed them that they would not be joining me on this celebration.

They had been invited but King Andrew decided it was safer for us all to go alone to minimise the risk of danger.

"Mari, for heavens sake! One night of you not battering your eyelashes at some rich men won't hurt you!" Clara cried out, even more agitated than what I was. "Let Sophia get ready! She needs to leave soon." she added, so Mari retreated over to the divan with a huff.

"Yes and besides, Nicole said she would love to keep us company tonight. She'd be on her own otherwise." Louise looked up from what she was sketching and watched me search round for my black lace heels.

"Yes, it's nice to see you three are getting along well with her." I said, now leaning onto the wardrobe to slide my shoes on. "How do I look?"

"Like a Queen who's about to drive a certain Prince insane tonight." Clara laughed, making me roll my eyes as she came over to straighten my dress out.

For tonight's event, I had chosen a beautiful red dress with the skirt having multiple ruffles all around and its bodice and long sleeves were covered with red lace. It was by far, one of the prettiest dresses I owned.

"I think you need to go downstairs. I can see the King and Queen outside near the carriages." Louise had now moved over to the window. "Just, please be careful." she warned, watching Clara place a gold crown on my head.

"I will be. You don't have to worry." I smiled at her. "I'll see you girls tomorrow." I added so once they returned their goodbyes, I walked out and headed down the stairs, now starting to feel excited for the night ahead.

The sun was already beginning to set and even though the party didn't start for another two hours, we'd have to set off soon because it was quite a long journey to Keit.

"You look as beautiful as a blossoming rose." I turned round to see Luke walking up to me and I froze, silently praying that my cheeks hadn't visibly flushed bright pink.

"Well, you look just as handsome."I complemented back, admiring him in a grey and gold jacket, black leather trousers and boots. He gave me a shy smile as he reached up to push his curls behind his ears, just when we heard Liz call.

"Come on you two! We're going to be late!"she hissed so we both hurried out the doors and went over to the two carriages, where everyone was waiting. We all greeted each other before I was told I would be joining the Princes for this journey, so we headed towards the other carriage and Ben opened the door. Luke climbed in first and then he helped me in and I took a seat opposite him.

"Tonight's going to be fun!"Jack rubbed his hands together mischievously after he had shut the door, causing me to laugh.

The trip to Keit went better than I had expected. The four of us got caught up in all the chatter and jokes that we didn't even realise we had arrived!

"Have any of you ever visited here before?" I asked, looking out at the castle ahead whilst earning a nod from all three of them.

"Yes but that was many years ago."Ben said as the carriage came to a stop."This ought to be fun." he rolled his eyes as the door was opened and he stepped out, followed by Jack, myself and then Luke.