𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

A/N: This chapter continues from the last one so ofc, there's more dialogue and less explanatory paragraphs :) sorry for the typos btw (if there's any)

Luke's POV

I nervously paced around the room, stopping every so often to have a think before going up and taking a seat on the throne.

I drew my attention to the nobles and advisors who were making their usual trade deals with each other when a guard hurried in and I sat up straight.

"M' lord-" he started, bowing before me. "Our men found Queen Sophia; she is still in Cadeiric." he announced, causing nothing but silence to form around the room and my eyes widened.

"What? Where did you find her?"

"She was in the forest. We chased her down but then she suddenly disappeared. The rest of the guards are still out there searching for her and I await word from them soon."

"Good, they will continue their search until I say so. It's almost nightfall so I presume she will take shelter because of the storm nearing." I thoughtfully said. "Go and find her. I need her back at the castle immediately!" I suddenly yelled so he nodded and ran off, leaving the people around to pick up their conversation once again.

I sunk back in the chair, already deep in thought and silently praying that the guards would find her.

I dragged my eyes over to where my mother was standing, having nothing but a huge grin on her face from the jolly conversation she was having with a few nobles and I scoffed to myself.

It sickened me that she was showing ignorance towards this matter so I only needed little time to grow impatient with her behaviour and lead me to suspect that my mother and father were the ones behind all this.

It somehow did add up, yet I felt that there was a still a piece missing to the puzzle...

I also couldn't help but feel disgusted at how desperate I already was but I couldn't stop here...

"I needed to see her again.

I can't lose her like this.

I just can't..."

Sophia's POV

The moon by now was high up in the star- lit sky but Mary and I were well hidden away in her small cottage and keeping out of the freezing cold. It was easy to tell that the storm was soon approaching which meant I would have to patiently wait for it to blow over before I could continue travelling again. It would cause a huge delay but hopefully, I wouldn't have any more guards chasing me now.

"Blimey! You were crowned Queen on your third birthday?" Mary exclaimed whilst bending down to throw some more logs of wood into the fire.

"Yes! We had to secure the throne as quickly as possible after my fathers death... My mother wished to not marry again so she decided to crown me Queen instead." I explained rubbing my arms warm.

"I suppose that must have been hard; being on the throne from that age" she trailed off as she came back over. "But I am so glad that you are not like other Queens. You're young and beautiful but you always take care of your people. I have friends in Ocerallia that have told me this themselves."

"Thank you, but yes, I do try my best with how I treat and protect my people."

"You have the exact same mindset as the Prince." she said with a laugh and my face fell. "No wonder so many people think you and Prince Luke would have a long reign together!"