𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

Three weeks flew by and we were now just days away from the Harvest Festival. The days used for the preparation of the castle and the gardens were very chaotic, with servants dashing about everywhere and trying to get everything squeaky clean.

King Andrew and Queen Liz were occupied with the very long guest list whilst I was stuck up in my chambers having multiple dress fittings after my ladies insisted that I had to wear something impressive.

"How many more do I have to try on until you three finally decide?" I groaned, as one of my maids zipped up a bright yellow coloured dress. "You haven't even decided what you're wearing yourselves, yet you have to pick mine!"

"Obviously! You need to impress the Prince!" Mari left the shoe she was examining and got up."Not that one, the colour is awful." she picked up the skirt with a disgusted look when I heard a knock at the door.

"I'll answer it," I told the who nodded. "This is getting tiresome. You've made me try on around twenty different-Oh." I stopped once I opened the door and was met by Luke's tall figure, and as usual, he looked perfect in a satin shirt and black trousers.

"Morning!" he said cheerfully before his eyes moved down for a scan."You look-"

"As yellow as a lemon?" I laughed stepping aside for him.

"I was going to say very pretty actually." he corrected with a smile as I closed the door. My eyebrows shot up from surprise for a second before I looked up at him and returned the smile. "Oh, m'ladies." he nodded once he noticed they were watching.

"Leave us please." I motioned to the maid and the girls so they quietly nodded before walking out. "Well I must thank you that. You've just saved me from another hour of fittings." I said, making him chuckle.

"Well, I was actually wondering if you wanted to go out for a ride? It seems as if we are both trying to get away from all these fittings." he laughed as I started to pick up all the dresses from my bed. "Or are you not that good on horseback as they say?" he suddenly smirked and I looked up at him with squinted eyes.

"I sense that you are proposing a challenge? If so, prepare to be defeated."

"Forgive me your Majesty, but I think I'll be the one standing victorious here." he chuckled, swaying across to the window and I cocked an eyebrow. "I'll meet you down in the stables." he simply said before walking out, leaving me to shake my head.

I was actually quite excited; or maybe I was just desperate to get out of the castle at this point. I headed over to my wardrobe and quickly pulled on a white ruffled shirt and tucked it into a black pair of riding trousers as well as pulling on my riding boots. As I walked out of the room, I put my hair in a tight ponytail and then started down the stairs to go outside.

Stablehands were rushing in and out of the stables, saddles and bridles in their hands in attempt to clean them off for the big day. I wasn't exactly sure what would take place on that day as I had never attended Cadeirics Harvest Festival but it was definitely something to look forward to.

I spotted Shadow already tacked up and tied to his stable so I went over, looking around at what everyone was doing when I suddenly bumped into something- or rather someone.

"That was quick." Luke laughed eyeing me up and down as I span round to face him. "Eager are you?"

"Maybe I am," I replied, taking hold of the lead rope and undoing the knot from Shadows bridle as Luke followed my movements. "What's your challenge then?" I asked as he reached up and patted the stallion's neck.

"Whoever reaches the forest first wins." he moved towards Petunias stable and pulled her out. "Just a simple race which you will most likely lose." he smiled flatly and I screwed my face up.