𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐗

After Queen Liz had demanded for us to go to sleep, Luke and I parted ways and a single 'goodnight' was the last word said between us. Fortunately, I did manage to fall asleep quickly enough, even if the final thought on my mind was about the Prince.

I woke up at the same time I usually did, however, I was still tired. I turned to lay on my side and I sighed as I looked out the window. Dark thick clouds were blocking out the sun, causing very little light to shine into the room and it seemed as if the temperature had drastically dropped too. I then heard a light knock at the door so I sat up and permitted them to enter.

"Morning, your Majeesty!"Alice the maid walked in with her bright smile. "Did you sleep well?" she closed the door and skipped over.

"Sort of." I laughed letting out a yawn and she replied with a flat smile. "May I help you with anything?"

"Oh no, no, I just came to inform you that the Queen wants you and the rest of the royals to join her for breakfast in the King's private room." she came over and placed her hands on her hips. "Which means, I'll run you a nice hot bath whilst you pick out your dress," she added before walking into the bathroom and I flopped back onto the mattress, wishing I had slept a little longer.

Shortly after, I had changed into a pretty dress consisting of a gold skirt and a black long-sleeved top, with small gold designs sewn into it. Alice had by now finished helping me and she had left me to get ready.

I opened the drawer which was full of all my crowns and headbands and I carefully chose a gold headband and placed it onto my head. As I turned around, I was faced with Lukes cloak that was thrown on the divan from last night. I had completely forgotten to give it back to him so I picked it up but stopped to examine it. Surprisingly, it matched the colour of my outfit so out of curiosity, I threw it over my shoulders and had a look in the mirror.

As I did up the button at the top, my movements caused a very faint scent of Luke to meet my nose and I pouted into the glass. I wasn't sure if Luke would mind or not, but I decided on wearing it anyways.

I walked out of my chambers, earning a cheerful 'good morning' from the guards before I started down the stairs, my stomach now growling from hunger. It was a lot colder down here than it was upstairs and I was most glad the warm cloak was flowing behind me.

Reaching the King's private room now, I knocked on the door and a few seconds later, I was met by none other than Jack, who was quick to crack a smile.

"Good morning, your Majesty." he stood aside and I walked him, giving him a nod. "Bit chilly today isn't it?" he shuddered, pulling down the sleeves of his jacket. "I'll go see when breakfast will be served. I'm starving!"

I laughed as he walked out another door, not failing to miss Luke who was leaning on the same doorway, furiously chewing on a breadstick.

"Good morning, Luke," I mumbled, glancing over at the already set table with seven chairs and only the food and drink missing.

"G' morning, your Grace." he took another bite of his snack. "I have to say, that cloak looks exquisite on you." he chuckled, pulling himself off the wall as he eyed me up and down and I laughed.

"You don't mind do you?"

"Of course not. It looks better on you than what it does on me, anyways." he said causing me to look down shyly. I brought my bottom lip between my teeth nervously just as Jack walked in, followed by the King and Queen, Ben and Nicole and I quickly snapped out of it.

"Oh, good morning, dear." Liz grinned widely once she spotted me. "Do sit down." she gestured to us all as she pulled her chair out at the end of the table. I took a seat next to Jack but then I watched Luke come over and sit down on my other side. Being as it was all three of us on one side, I was seated much closer to Luke, much to our amusement.