𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐈

Even though I was still very annoyed and offended, I decided to finally ask Luke about the whole situation. I didn't have any patience to wait any longer and I needed answers immediately.

When I went down for breakfast the next day, I noticed he wasn't anywhere to be found, so he was either avoiding me again or still asleep.

"Are you going to talk to the Prince about whatever is going on?" Clara asked as we made our way across the hallway to go see Louise.

"I'll have to because it doesn't look like he will come to me first. I need to sort things out before everything gets worse." I sighed. "If not, I will have to look for an alliance elsewhere." I mumbled which made Clara come to an abrupt stop.

"What!" she shrieked, her eyes wide. "You want to leave Cadeiric?"

"No I don't. Ocerallia and I can benefit from this alliance but if Luke isn't pushing for a marriage then it's a waste of time. I have a kingdom to defend so I cannot wait for Luke to make a decision whether he wants to marry me or not. That might take months." I said as we started up the stairs. "I understand that things could change for you three girls but please understand that I will try my best for you to stay with me, whatever the decision."

"Don't worry about us at the moment. This alliance and the Prince are far more important." she replied as we reached Louises rooms. Clara placed her hand on the door to push it open when we heard loud laughter coming from inside and we exchanged confused looks.

She then cautiously pushed the door open, only to be met by Louise with a wooden palette in her one hand and a paintbrush in the other, and Calum, Michael and Ashton standing around her and her easel.

"Well, good morning." I laughed, strolling in and the three men turned to look before they bowed. "I wasn't expecting to see you three in here."

"Oh, we were just passing by and couldn't help but notice what Lady Louise was doing," Calum said, turning back to the wonderfully done painting.

"Yes and I enjoyed the company as I finished it off." Louise laughed dipping her paintbrush in a pot of water to clean it. "What do you think? Do you think the Queen will like it?"

"I assure you, she will love it," I replied going over to see the exact replica of the castle on the canvas. Its gardens, trees and even the lake had sharp details in them making the whole painting stand out.

"Hopefully," she mumbled, standing back to have a better look at it. "Can someone come help me clean all the brushes out?" she asked so Clara quickly nodded and helped gather everything together before they walked into the bathroom.

"So, Luke told us what happened yesterday at tea." Ashton spoke once he heard the tap running. "We must apologise for his harsh words. It was very disrespectful, your Grace."

"I thank you but you don't need to apologise for his thoughtless actions. I just don't understand why he had the urge to say that. He was only praising me weeks ago that I was being a good ruler."

"Luke said that?" Michael cocked a perfectly arched eyebrow and after I nodded, the three of them looked at each other. "He's getting himself into a mess." he gritted his teeth.

"I thought I heard you three in here." Luke suddenly stuck his head through the door, his blue eyes resting on my figure. "Majesty." he dipped his head, only for me to give him a look of disgust.

"We best be going," Calum quickly said, sensing that an argument was about to brew. He beckoned the other two to follow him out and Luke made a move to do the same, his head down.

"So is this your plan? To avoid me forever?" I hissed, making him abruptly stop at the doorway and he slowly turned around, wiping his sweaty hands on his trousers.