𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐕

I woke up the next day with a groan, feeling as if someone was throwing a horseshoe at my head.

Having one too many drinks tonight was a very big mistake. But I couldn't help it. I was so furious that the only way to help calm myself was to drink to my hearts content. The more I drank, the less talkative I became and I spoke to no one. No one but Luke.

He seemed to be the only person who I could talk to without being swept over with the feeling of anger. His company kept me surprisingly calm.

We did agree, however, that we would have to tell the King and Queen about what we had learned. I was quite worried about The Kings reaction but it was important for him to know, because otherwise, lives here at the castle could be put in danger. Especially, if the threats were to be against me.

I slowly dragged myself out of bed whilst raising my arms to stretch out my shoulders and I stumbled over to the window and looked out at the clouded grey sky. Now that autumn had rolled in, the weather was not very pleasant.

I decided the best way to properly wake myself up was to go have a hot relaxing bath before I would head down to go see the King and Queen, I quietly slipped on my slippers and walked out my chambers to go find a servant.

Once I finished with my bath and was all dry, my servants helped me into my gown. Not being in the mood to dress in my finest clothes, I decided on a simple beige dress and placed a jewelled headband on my hair to look a bit more welcoming. I thanked the servants and then followed them out my chambers and down the staircase.

"Sophia!" I turned to see Luke running down the stairs until he had caught up with me and I managed to smile at him. "Good morning, your Grace." he bowed, noticing that the servants had stopped to watch.

"Good morning Luke. Leave us, please." I waved my hand to the ladies, where they bowed and hurried off.

"Are you alright? After last night?" he asked lowering his voice as we started down the stairs together.

"No, I'm not. I'm still furious." I sighed shaking my head. "I just can't stop thinking about it. It happened here for heaven's sake."

"It's bothering me too," he said jumping off the last two steps. "But if it helps, I've already informed my father on who was behind it all. He didn't seem as surprised, to be honest. I think he was expecting it."

"Yes, I don't doubt that. Is it possible for me to speak with him now?" I asked looking up at him.

"Yes, of course. He is in the throne room as usual." Luke nodded and we started for it alongside each other.

We turned the corner and were already faced by the King sitting on his throne, with his hand on his head whilst Liz was sitting up straight, consulting with surprisingly, my own guards.

"Is your father alright?" I asked leaning into Luke as we neared them.

"He could be better." Luke simply murmured back, just as Liz perked her head up to see us there. "Mother, father."

"Guards." Liz waved her hand about and the two men retreated to the other side of the room, making Luke and I step forth. "Ah, perfect timing actually...Andrew?"

"Yes, yes." Andrew snapped out of his thoughts but once his eyes met mine he let out a sigh. He contemplated on what to say for a few seconds before he came out with his sentence. "My son told me what happened last night so I must apologise. The incident with the girl never should have happened inside our castles walls."

"I understand but there is no need to apologise, m'lord. None of us knew this horrible thing would happen."

"Unfortunately, we didn't find out anything else about Keit and their plans either," Luke added.