𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐕𝐈

Another week had come by now; leaves on the trees already beginning to change colour from green to orange as autumn had now officially rolled in.

The incident with the girl had mostly been forgotten now by almost everyone. There were still a few whispers going around about it, whispers which I chose to ignore.

But then again, I didn't exactly ignore them; something distracted me from them.

Or rather, someone did.

I still wasn't exactly sure of what Lukes intentions were when we were down by the lake the other day but I couldn't get my mind off it. The thought of it haunted me all week, and even if I did try my best to forget, I would somehow still manage to remember it.

Just the way he was standing so close and towering over me with his blue sparkling eyes staring right into my own was enough to make me imagine things. I knew that the thought of him kissing me was probably just all in my head but then again, I found myself not wanting to admit it.

Once again, I managed to snap out of my thoughts and I blinked down at the letter I was writing to my cousin and I huffed as I dipped the now dry quill back in the ink. I brought my hand back over the sheet of paper to continue the sentence I had left midway when I heard the door open but I took no notice of it for a moment.

But then, when I I realised who had actually walked in, I perked my head up slightly, my eyes following Luke who was walking around the room. He stopped at the wooden desk and picked up a book, flicking through the first few pages until he moved towards one of the chairs and took a seat, letting his perfect curls fall down his face as he slowly scanned the text.

"So are you just going to keep on staring at Luke?" I jumped at Ashton's loud giggle, as I had completely forgotten he was sat right beside me.

Ashton and I had been sitting in the empty library for the past hour, where we were both writing out letters to our families so they could be sent off later on tonight.

"Of course not." I cleared my throat, but absentmindedly giving the Prince another glance before quickly looking back down. Ashton simply replied with a hum and then returned to his writing, but I just stared down at my paper, trying to resist to not look over again. "I didn't know Luke liked reading." I suddenly said, making Ashton sit forward and then put down his quill.

"Alright, what's going on between you two?" he looked at me with a raised eyebrow which made me laugh and I shook my head. "Oh, spit it out! You've been acting so peculiar around him all week and you're not very good at hiding it."

"I have not." I lied, flushing bright pink from the thought of others noticing my strange behaviour.

"Is that so? So if I was to call him over right now-"

"Don't you even dare!" I gasped with a look of alarm and he returned a smirk.

"Well well well, it seems as if our young Queen is falling in love." he chuckled, making my jaw drop.

"Ashton, you sound ridiculous. I am not falling in love with Luke. It's just-" I paused, trying to think of something to say. "He's just very handsome to look at." I blurted out, instantly regretting it. "Enough of this conversation." I gave him a warning look and he sat back again in his chair, raising his hands in the air in defeat.

I gathered he was saying all that just to provoke me; a joke of some sort. I strongly denied that his words were true. It was impossible.

We remained quiet for a while, finally focusing on finishing off our writing. Unfortunately, I had to write a very wrong letter because Anne wanted details of what happened at the Harvest Festival but I left out the part with the incident.