𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈

My grip tightened around the leather strap of the heavy sword, the weight of it, however, feeling comfortable enough in my hand for me to expertly spin it around and catch it again.

I smirked from the feeling that I was still capable of pulling off the skill that my own mother had taught me when I was only a child, thus doing it a few more times before I went and carefully put it back on its stand and chose another.

"How long have you been able to do that!" the surprised voice made me jump out of my skin.

"How long have you been standing there?" I asked with the same tone, turning around to see Luke leaning against one of the wooden pillars whilst adjusting the thick cloak on his shoulders.

Now it being the start of December and already very chilly, mostly everything had gone back to normal. Ever since I had been back in Cadeiric, there were no more questions asked about this attachment that had been formed between Luke and I and I was most glad it had remained that way.

So far, there was also no sign of Andrew changing this alliance but I felt that he would be keeping an eye on us now more than ever, just to see how Luke would be acting around me and everyone else. In the meantime, I would just have to be patient for the coming days.

No more letters had arrived from Edmund thankfully, but I was quite certain that something new would turn up soon enough.

"Quite a while actually." he cheekily replied with a grin. "But where did you learn to handle a sword like that?"

"My mother. She taught me a few self defense techniques if I was ever to have a blade in my possession when under attack." I explained. "I'm glad I still remember them."

"Well, I don't think those skills are necessary for a Queen." he said, pulling himself off the pillar and I cocked an eyebrow. "You'll have me to protect you won't you?"

"Protect me? I'll think you'll find I can take care of myself." I teased which formed a smirk on his lips.

"Is that so? Because if I remember correctly, you were the one who was injured and resting in my chambers." he chuckled, now slowly making his way towards me.

"I don't exactly remember you saving me from the attack in the first place." I replied, an idea suddenly popping into my head that I knew he would simply hate. "But you know, I'm sure if James was there, he would have prevented my injury." I smirked, setting the blade down beside me and his eyes widened into a stare.

"Really?" he dragged on the word, his lips pursing together as he came dangerously closer. He locked his gaze with mine and I found myself backing up, until I hit one of the walls and I gasped. "I truly doubt that he can even pick up a sword, let alone protect you with it."

My breath hitched in my throat as his towering figure stopped just in front of me, creating nothing but butterflies to flutter about in my stomach. Whatever confidence I had been feeling had quickly been knocked out of me by just his simple yet pleasing movements.

"Is that jealousy I sense?" I asked with a pout, managing to meet his eyes as he brought his hand up and rested it beside my head.

"Oh no, I think the one jealous here would be James." he chuckled, leaning closer. "Simply because, I'm yours..." he whispered, sending chills down my spine. "And you're mine..."