◇42◇

🎆 Chapter 42 🎆

🎆 Chapter 42 🎆

"SERA!" JOHN YELLED, running into the infirmary, worry etched in his features. He clenched his teeth when he saw Arlo and Elaine standing beside her bed, but pushed his thoughts aside. Sera was what mattered right now.

Calmer footsteps followed his, a head of H/C hair peeking out from the curtain. Arlo averted his eyes the moment he knew who it was. Even the sight of Y/N gave him a massive headache at this point.

On the contrary, the reunification of her and her two closest friends brought shameful tears to Seraphina's eyes. How could she face them like this? She bit her quivering lip, words coming out in a shaky manner. "Y/N....John..." She croaked. "I'm sorry. I let you guys down. I tried everything. I did everything you taught me back there, John...but nothing worked. I don't know how I'll ever be as strong as you..."

That was her breaking point. A lone tear slid down her cheek and splashed onto her clenched fists, followed by another and another until it was an endless rainfall.

Like a scene from an anime, John gracefully pulled the purple haired girl into a comforting embrace. "Don't think about that right now..." He murmured softly. "Everything takes time. I'll be here."

While this heart-warning scene was happily between the two inseparable friends, Y/N was mindlessly tapping away on a new mobile game she got on her phone, Tales of Wind, in the corner of the room.

Seraphina's eyes peeked up from the hug and saw the H/C girl a few feet away. Why is Y/N over there? Her eyes watered again when she realized how much she had missed the heterochromatic girl. It felt like years since she had last seen her. There was so much to catch up on.

Sniffling, she gestured emotionally, "Y/N..." It was a silent method of inviting her to join the hug.

What Seraphina didn't expect was for her to only look up from her screen for a brief second and say, "Don't feel too well. Sorry," followed by an unrealistically quick cough.

"Oh..." The injured purplette was almost at a loss for words. John, too, spared Y/N a confused glance.

Seeing this, Arlo gawked suspiciously, almost in an offended way. Does she not care about any of this? Her best friend is in the infirmary after getting kidnapped, and she's just playing on her phone? What's happened to her? Why has she been acting so different? It has to do with her disappearance lately....I need to get to the bottom of this.

The blonde snapped out of his thoughts when he heard a loud bang and yelling coming from the entrance of the infirmary.

"Isen! Are you here Isen?!" Anyone could recognize that voice that belonged to a high-spirited pinkette.