Chapter 1

Today is the day! We're finally getting assigned our teams, and I was pretty excited about it. I mean, who wouldn't be? I hoped that Kakashi would be on my team. Not because I'm a fangirl. They annoy me.  He's my best friend, and has been since we started at the Academy, much to my father's dismay. You see, I'm the heir to the Uchiha clan, although I won't technically get the title, most likely, because I'm a girl. But, despite that, my father is adamant that I keep my friends only in the clan to keep up our reputation. I could not care less about our reputation though. I tended to hang out with who ever I wanted to, and I greatly enjoyed Kakashi's company. We were always number one and number two at the academy, so we do have a small rivalry, but more than that, he's always been the break I needed from my family. I trust him more than anyone, we have always worked really well together, and because of that, I wanted to be on a team with him.

I walked into the Academy and took my seat next to Kakashi, as usual. He looked bored, as usual, but I could tell that he was lost in his thoughts, so I let him be. That is another great part of our friendship, we get each other.

As people filed in, I started to get a little nervous, something I could never admit. My father would be angry to see that I had any type of emotion, but nervousness was the worst of them all in his mind, so I tried to mask it. He tried to prepare me for masking my emotions, so I'm fairly good at appearing neutral, but I still have a long way to go before I meet Father's standards.

"Nervous Mika?" My cousin, Obito asked rudely, crossing his arms over his chest. I rolled my eyes at him. Usually, he's goofy and jokes around a lot, but for some reason, with me he's just a jerk.

"Shut up." I glared.

"What, are you afraid to not be under daddy's watch anymore?" He glared right back. I gripped the table as hard as I could, knowing I could easily punch him and he'd leave me alone, but I didn't want to start trouble. That would only make it worse.

"You know nothing about that." I seethed. Obito was constantly on me about being protected by my father, but he didn't understand. I may be protected, but not from him. As his eldest and currently only child, I was expected to be perfect. So, when I wasn't, there were consequences. He never hit me, and I know he loves me, but he can be harsh for sure.

"Just leave her alone, Obito. Go annoy someone else." Kakashi said boredly.

"Whatever." Obito went and sat next to Rin, and started joking with her. I rolled my eyes and started to try and relax my grip on the table.

"You shouldn't let him get to you. You do out rank him." Kakashi said, still looking bored. I could tell he was somewhat concerned by my reaction. Usually, I don't let my emotions get to me like that, but today it seemed I couldn't control them.

"He just doesn't get it. He thinks that because I have parents and they happen to be important people that my life is easy." I whispered to keep Obito from hearing me.

"I know, Mika." I took this as a sign that I could continue to rant if I wanted to and Kakashi would listen. He didn't talk much, but sometimes that's exactly what I needed.

"It's just so frustrating. I mean, how would he deal with it if he had to be perfect every second of every day? And how would he like it if-"

"Good morning class! Today you'll be put into teams of three, or four. When I call your names, please sit with your teams." Sensei began. I stopped talking and my nerves settled back in.

"You'll be fine, Mika." Kakashi whispered and rolled his eyes at me. Again, we get each other. No one else probably could even tell that I was nervous.

"Next team will be Rin Nohara, Obito Uchiha, Kakashi Hatake, and Mika Uchiha." I smiled and frowned all at the same time. I was thrilled to be on a team with Kakashi, but at the same time, Obito was not who I wanted to spend more time with. I didn't know much about Rin, but I knew that she was basically in love with Kakashi, and I didn't want to deal with that, no matter how nice she may be.