Epilogue

12 years later

"Akira, Haru, hurry up! We're going to be late!" I yelled at the stairs of our new house. Naruto is finally becoming the Hokage. I can finally retire and live my life in peace. Don't get me wrong, being Hokage was fine, and I grew to love the job, but I was more than excited to spend time with Kakashi and our kids. Being Hokage comes with horrible office hours and responsibilities that I would not miss.

"He's finally ready. Are you excited?" Kakashi asked, putting his arm around my shoulder. I smiled at his touch. Even 12 years into marriage, his touch still sent butterflies into my chest like it did when I was a teenager.

"Yes! We can finally travel and go to all of the hot springs! It's going to be an amazing retirement." I mused. Kakashi chuckled and kissed my forehead.

"Gross!" Haru yelled as he ran down the stairs. He is 10 and is a spitting image of me. He had black hair that was tinted purple, and black eyes. His face was a decent mixture of both Kakashi and I, but it definitely leaned more towards my features.

"Put your shoes on. We're running late." I said firmly. "Akira! Your hair looks fine! Come down stairs!" I yelled up to her. She's 8 and a little ball of drama already. I fear the teenage years with this one. She looks more like Kakashi. She has silver, spiky hair that she tames by keeping it long so it will fall more smoothly. Her face is longer, like Kakashi's, and she even picked up his habit of tardiness, much to my dismay.

"I'll go help her." Sasuke said bitterly. He's been a fantastic uncle. He even took care of the kids for me when I had my eye surgery to implant his eyes so I could use the eternal mangekyo sharingan. He was terrified of them at first, but he loves both kids like they are his own, so he managed in his own way. Speaking of which, he and Sakura finally got married and they also have a kid, Sadara. She's as brilliant as Sasuke but as kind hearted as Sakura. The perfect balance, if you ask me. Sasuke has come a long way since the war. He could still use some work on his people skills, but if we're honest, he's needed help in that department for most of his life. He's still cold to most, but to his family, he at least tries.

"Mom! Uncle Sasuke said he would cut my hair if I didn't hurry!" Akira yelled as she stomped down the stairs. Sasuke rolled his eyes at her.

"Good. Maybe then you'll be on time for something." I teased and smirked at her. We were finally all ready to leave, so we made our way to the Hokage tower. When we got there, I congratulated Naruto, and gave him the Hokage hat like Tsunade had done for me.

"Your father would be proud, Naruto." I smiled at him. I was proud too. But I knew Minato was grinning at him right now. And probably crying. This is everything he ever wanted for Naruto.

"Yeah? You think so?" He questioned. I grinned. I knew he was nervous about taking the job, even though he was excited more than anything. He's wanted this for most of his life, so he better be excited.

"Definitely! You're gonna be an awesome Hokage! Remember that you have advisors. You're not in this alone. Don't be afraid to lean on us. It's a big job." I reminded him one last time. I was being added to the current list of advisors, but Naruto promised not to call on me too often. He wanted me to enjoy retirement, which I greatly appreciated, considering I only took this job because he wasn't ready for it yet and his father basically made me through Tsunade.

We made our way up the stairs, and Naruto stood where I did 12 years ago and gave a speech to accept his new position. I was beaming with pride. He finally did it. He achieved the goal he set out for himself when he was just a kid.

"I'm so proud of him." I said quietly so only Kakashi could hear me. I was almost in tears because I was so happy for him. He's come a long way from the annoying kid we met all those years ago.

"I know. I am too." He said back, lacing his fingers with mine. I relaxed at his touch and enjoyed the moment for Naruto. "I'm proud of you too." He said after a few minutes. My eyes went wide and I looked at him with a smile. He never fails to amaze me with his kindness.

"I love you, Kashi." I smiled and squeezed his hand.

"I love you too, Mika."