Chapter 35

A few days later I teleported myself to Kakashi's hospital room, and was set up by some nurses in the same room. It was finally time for my leg to get properly healed, and I was excited to say the least. The pain had subsided greatly, but it itched more than I cared to admit. I was also excited just to be back in the Leaf. I missed home.

"I see you're still on bed rest." I teased Kakashi. I missed him more than anything else, and I was ready to apologize for our argument. I realize he's just trying to keep me safe. I could barely keep my eyes open though. I hadn't gotten a decent nights sleep since they left. The nightmares were intense to say the least. Kakashi rolled his eye at me. He was in bed reading his gross books.

"You look exhausted." He said simply. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh yeah, just what every girl wants to hear. Thanks, Kashi." I teased, trying to blow it off.

"Mika." Kakashi warned. I knew he was worried about me, but I'd be fine. I sighed. Just then, Tsunade walked in to do the first treatment on my leg. Apparently Sakura was preparing for a mission.

"Let's see what we're working with." Tsunade unwrapped my leg and inspected it. It looked nasty to me. But apparently it looked good to everyone else.

"She's having nightmares." Kakashi said. I whipped my head to him, glare in my eyes. He shrugged. "You weren't going to say anything." He said simply.

"Is that true, Mika?" Tsunade asked while her hands flowed green chakra into my leg. I sighed.

"The genjutsu Itachi used was particularly unpleasant." I said through my teeth, with my eyes down.

"I heard. I'll get you something to help you sleep." I sighed again. "Mika, you don't have to live with nightmares because you think you have to be strong. I need you well rested if you're going to go on missions." I nodded. She was right, and I knew it. I was just being stubborn. "Kakashi, have you filled her in on the mission Naruto and Sakura have and the new members to your team?"

"I hadn't gotten to that. I was waiting for you to be here." He said, not meeting my eyes. I was getting suspicious. Why would I care about their mission?

"Well, go ahead. She can't go anywhere while I'm healing her." I raised an eyebrow.

"Kakashi, what's going on?" I asked, confusion written on my face. He sighed. I was worried. What was I not going to like about this mission?

"When Sakura killed Sasori, he gave her intel about a spy he has for Orochimaru." My ears perked up immediately. "He was supposed to meet them in a few days. Sakura and Naruto are going to meet him and try to get information about Sasuke." I gasped. I was going. No questions about it. They couldn't go alone. I could go. "Tsunade put two more members on the team. They're not going alone." He said, reading my mind. "And you're not going either." He said firmly. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Like hell I'm not. They're getting information about Sasuke! Of course I'm going!" I said adamantly.

"No. Hokage's orders." Tsunade said firmly. I scoffed. "You will stay here and recover." I glared at her. She couldn't force me to. "If you were well, I'd consider it, Mika, but you can't even walk. You will stay here." I rolled my eyes.

"And if you try to leave, I'll just follow you." Kakashi shrugged. I sighed. He knew I wouldn't put his health at risk, and I knew he was serious about following me.

"And if you get yourself and Kakashi killed, I'll bring you back and kill you again." Tsunade added. I honestly believed her. I liked Tsunade a lot, but she scared me quite a bit.

"Fine. But I go with them to find him. He's my brother, Tsunade. Orochimaru wants to kill him." I argued.

"I know. You and Naruto are the only reasons that boy doesn't have a call for his head." I nodded. I knew she was doing what she could. I will stay here obediently and heal so that I am ready to go rescue him.