Chapter 64

"You want me to walk you down the aisle?" Sasuke asked. "At your wedding." He looked confused. I nodded in confirmation. "Why?" I rolled my eyes at him. For someone who is supposed to be brilliant, he sure is dumb sometimes.

"Well Father obviously can't do it, and my next choice would have been Minato-sensei, but he can't either." I said in a teasing manner. He rolled his eyes. "You're my family." I said more seriously. "We have some issues, but at the end of the day, you're family, and you have to accept Kakashi too. He's going to be your brother. I want you to be a part of this, Sasuke." I gave him a closed eye smile.

"Hn. You get married in like an hour. What if I say no?" He narrowed his eyes at me. I knew he was teasing, but I played along anyways.

"Then, I'll ask Naruto." I shrugged. His rivalry with Naruto would win out, I knew it would.

"Hn. Fine. I'll do it." He grumbled. I smiled triumphantly, earning an eye roll.

"Thanks, little brother." I smiled and ruffled his hair. He smacked my hand away in protest, making me flinch.

"Sorry. I wasn't thinking." He said quickly. I nodded. The past six months we had been spending a ton of time together repairing our broken relationship. We came a long way. We could joke and be in the same room together and I was fine. I no longer feared Sasuke, but there were still moments like this every so often where one of us make a mistake and I reverted back to my old, jumpy ways.

"It's okay." I reassured. "We're much better than when we started." I smiled. He nodded in agreement.

We had come so far that I was letting him leave the village tomorrow. He wanted to 'atone for his sins,' whatever that means. We talked in length about it and finally came to a compromise. He will look for remains of Kaguya's clan, and report in weekly what he has found and his location. He wanted to leave immediately, but I said no. He had to wait until after I got married. I wanted him to be here, even if he didn't think he deserved to be. I also wanted to give him time to reestablish the bonds he had with Naruto and Sakura. I was trusting enough as Hokage to let him leave months ago, but as his sister, I wanted to help him get back into a routine first. It seemed to work. He and Sakura were finally together. Kind of, anyways. They weren't official, and I don't know that they ever will be, but I know he loves her, and she has loved him since they were kids. It will happen. I'm sure of it.

"You ready?" Sakura asked excitedly after helping me into my dress. I nodded excitedly. Unlike becoming Hokage, marrying Kakashi didn't scare me at all. I was excited to finally be his wife. Sakura led me to the mirror and I took in my appearance while she did the last minute touch ups.

My black hair was down and curled into perfect waves. Half of it was up in a bun to keep it out of my eyes. My makeup was light and did nothing more than accent my features. I wore a perfect white dress that was covered in lace, and hugged me in all the right places. My shoes were blue flats that were comfortable, but also cute. I looked perfect. Sakura did my hair and makeup and she did an amazing job.  Kakashi is going to lose his mind.

"Everyone's waiting, Mika." I heard Sasuke say on the other side of the door. Butterflies filled my stomach, and I grinned and took a deep breath, ready to do this.

"Let's go!" I said to Sakura and pulled her towards the door. She stopped me right before we left.

"You look beautiful, Mika! I'm so happy for you!" She yelled and threw her arms around me. I grinned and hugged her back. She's become more and more like a sister to me as time as passed. I hope Sasuke eventually gets his crap together and actually makes her my sister.

"Thanks, Sakura!" I said and opened the door. I was met with an annoyed looking Sasuke, but his face softened when he saw me. Sakura squeezed past us to take her place with the rest of the crowd.