Chapter 15

After finally getting off the boat, we were walking along a trail heading to Tazuna's house, where we would be staying. Naruto kept throwing kunai at random places claiming to have sensed something. I was glad that Sakura was getting on to him each time so that I didn't have to. At least one of them is responsible. After throwing several kunai, we heard something in the bush where it landed, so we went to look. Naruto had almost hit a snow rabbit. Weird. Snow rabbit's fur is only white in winter. It's very much summer. I looked back, and Kakashi was already looking around, just as suspicious as I was.

"Duck!" He yelled seconds before a huge sword flew over our heads. We definitely would have died if he hadn't seen it.

"Good catch." I said standing up, preparing for a fight. Out of the bushes walked Zabuza Momochi. Great. This will definitely be fun. I bet Kakashi is glad he didn't throw me off the boat now.

"Zabuza, long time no see." I called to him.

"If it isn't the Sharingan Duo. This should be fun." He teased. Apparently that was Kakashi and I's nickname since we went on so many missions together.

"Do people still call us that? It's kind of lame." I was trying to buy Kakashi enough time to do what he does best: hide shadow clones. It was the only way we would win.

"Give me Tazuna, and I'll let you live." Zabuza offered.

"Not a chance." I activated my sharingan, knowing I'd need it to win. Zabuza was a formidable opponent for sure. I saw Kakashi pull up his headband from the corner of my eye, and was thankful. He'd need his too.

"Glad to see you two think I'm worthy of the sharingan. It'll just show my skill set when I kill you." I glared at him. He ended the conversation by activating his mist jutsu, and disappearing into it.

"Kids, you are not to get involved, only guard Tazuna, do you understand me?" I said in the sternest voice I could.

"But what about teamwork?" Sakura asked.

"Not getting involved is teamwork. You'll be in the way." Kakashi explained. I tried to strategize how we could get out of this. Zabuza will have water clones, for sure. Kakashi has shadow clones, and we both have the sharingan, but even it can't see through this mist. Maybe, I can clear it with a wind jutsu.

"Wind style: breakthrough!" I yelled and blew air from my mouth, making the mist clear up some. It wasn't much, but it did give us some visibility.

Zabuza tried to kill Tazuna by jumping into the middle of the circle with him, but Kakashi was faster and shoved a kunai into his chest, making him explode into water. I knew I was right about the clones. I looked up, and Zabuza was jumping towards Kakashi, and he wasn't looking. I threw a special kunai, and teleported instantly, tackling Zabuza to the ground instead. This one changed to water too. Where is the real one?

"Above you!" Kakashi yelled. I jumped up quickly and blocked his sword with my kunai just in time. I tried to hold him there so Kakashi could help, and was successful. Kakashi appeared above Zabuza and went for the kill.

"It's over Zabuza." He said and stabbed him in the side. He turned to water again.

"Damn." I said. As the words left me, Kakashi was thrown into the nearby lake, landing with a splash. This is not good. Water is Zabuza's thing. How do we beat him? Kakashi tried to stand up, but was encased in Zabuza's water prison. Damnit! I need to think! At least we know where the real one is now.

I fought off Zabuza's clones while trying to strategize, but was very quickly growing exhausted. There were too many of them for one person to handle, but I couldn't give up.