Chapter 37

"Shikamaru wasn't at the funeral." Kakashi observed. We were drinking tea in our apartment after the funeral. We gave Naruto and ourselves the day off to grieve the loss and recover some stamina.

"You think he's going to go after them? Hidan and Kakuzu?" I asked, looking at Kakashi's worried eyes. He was doing surprisingly well for losing a good friend. He nodded. I cringed inside. Kakashi was going with them. I knew it. "You're going to go with them, aren't you?" I asked slowly.  I didn't really want him to, but he would do it whether I asked him not to or not.

"Yes. Tsunade won't let them go alone. They need a fourth team member and a captain." He said sadly. I nodded. I chose not to argue, but let him do it. Asuma was his friend too.

"Go. I'll talk to Tsunade, and the rest of us can provide backup when needed." I said. He looked surprised that I wasn't trying to stop him. I knew it would get me nowhere. There was no point.

"Put a seal on me. Then you can teleport and be there faster." He suggested. I raised my eyebrow at him. I never wanted to mark people unless it was for a fight. It was weird to me.

"You know it never goes away?" I clarified. He rolled his eye at me.

"Yes, Mika, I know. Just do it." I nodded.

"Where do you want it? It shows up kind of like a tattoo." I explained. I wouldn't want to have him stuck with it forever in a place he didn't like. I used the same seal as Minato did, and I liked it, but not everyone did.

"Between my shoulder blades." He said and took off his shirt so I could place the seal. I couldn't help but stare and blush a little bit. Even all these years later, he was so attractive to me. "Are you gonna just stare or are you gonna put the seal on?" He teased with a smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes and got the seal ready. I made sure he was sitting as straight as possible so the seal would be straight and I applied it right between his shoulder blades.

"There you go. Now I can teleport to you anytime." I smirked a little. It's a little weird, but I kind of like the idea too.

"Oh yeah?" He smirked at me. I nodded, with a blush on my face. He wasn't wearing his mask anymore and I couldn't stop looking at his face. He started leaning in to kiss me and I felt my heart rate quicken. We hadn't had much time alone together recently, so I was very much looking forward to whatever it was that he was planning right now.

His lips met mine and I was immediately drawn in. His kisses always completely intoxicated me. Nothing else in the world mattered. Our lips moved together perfectly in sync, and it was heavenly. He tugged at my shirt, telling me to remove it. I broke the kiss and did just that, and he looked me up and down with lustful eyes. I loved that reaction from him. He pushed me down onto the couch and climbed on top of me.

"Aren't you supposed to be going to help Shikamaru?" I mumbled before he could start kissing me again.

"Are you saying you don't want this?" He smirked and pushed my hair behind my ear. I shook my head no, and he pushed his lips back onto mine. I melted into the kiss and wrapped my arms around his neck, playing with his hair, and pulling him closer to me. I bit on his bottom lip, asking to deepen the kiss, and he let me. Our tongues moved together and his hands ran up and down my body, sending shivers down my spine. I was in pure heaven and I never wanted it to end.

————————-
"I should probably go." Kakashi said softly, tracing shapes on my shoulder. I nodded. I didn't necessarily want him to go, but I understood his need to, and I supported it. He leaned in and gave me a quick kiss before untangling himself from me and putting his clothes back on.

"Be careful, okay?" I said quietly, and sat up, hugging the throw blanket to my body. I was worried something would happen to him, but I trusted him, and I trusted Shikamaru. He's a literal genius. He probably has an excellent plan in place.