Chapter 36

"You what?" I said, shocked at what I heard.

"We saw Sasuke." Sakura said in a sad voice. This told me they even though they saw him, he wasn't home. My heart dropped a little bit, but I tried not to show it.

"Did he look okay? Is he healthy? Did he look happy?" I asked, not even concerned that I sounded like a hopeless parent. I miss my pain in the ass little brother. Kakashi interlaced our hands to calm me down.

"He looked good." Sakura shrugged. I smirked. She's definitely still in love with him.

"I wouldn't say happy though." Naruto added softly. He was obviously upset that Sasuke refused to come home. I frowned both at Sasuke not looking happy, and at Naruto looking sad too.

"It could be because I tired to kill him." Our new member, Sai, said with literally no emotions. Sakura elbowed him. My whole body tensed. He did what?! I wanted to punch him.

"Mika." Kakashi warned. I sent him a glare.

"Don't freak out, Mika-sensei! He changed his mind!" Naruto defended him. I looked at him like he was stupid. He still tried to kill Sasuke. Not okay. I sighed deeply.

"Care to inform me why you decided to try to kill my brother?" I asked pointedly. Kakashi sighed next to me.

"Danzo ordered me to." Sai said, still with no emotions. At least that explains his lack of emotion. He must be from Root. "He ordered me to kill you too." I went wide eyed. Kakashi tensed next to me. Naruto elbowed him this time.

"Wh-why?" I stuttered. Why would Danzo want me dead? I can understand Sasuke to a degree, but me? I've been nothing but loyal to this village.

"He didn't say." Sai shrugged. I rolled my eyes. This kid was going to be a pain.

"And are you going to follow orders?" Kakashi asked pointedly. It didn't matter to me if Sai tried. Neither Kakashi or I had plans of letting me die any time soon, and I'm sure Naruto and Sakura would defend me as well if the time came.

"No. I'm interested in these bonds that Naruto and Sakura keep talking about. Especially with Sasuke. Killing either of you would be pointless." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Glad to hear." I mumbled. I was still a bit hung up on why Danzo would want me dead. I'd have to speak with Tsunade about it. Maybe she has an idea.

"Sasuke tried to kill me." Naruto said sadly. I gasped. He what? The little punk. I swear, someone needs to beat some sense into him.

"He did what?" Kakashi asked in shock. Apparently this was a very eventful mission.

"I swear, when I see him, I'm going to hit him so hard, he'll wish he didn't come home." I said angrily. That kid needs a wake up call.

"You won't." Kakashi said sarcastically. He was right. I wouldn't do that. But I sure would think about it!

"I need to get stronger! I can't beat him like I am now." Naruto said. My heart broke a little bit for him. He wanted so much to bring Sasuke back, but I guess Sasuke has gotten ahead of him.

"What if Mika and I had a new training method to show you?" Kakashi teased a little. I smirked at Naruto's expression. He looked like we just told him that he won the lottery.

"You do? What is it? Can we start now?" Naruto was basically bouncing up and down. Sakura hit him in the head, making me laugh. Just like old times. Except for the new kid who just might try to kill me. It's fine. Everything is fine.

"What do you think we've been doing this whole week?" I teased with an eye roll. Naruto mumbled something under his breath and Sakura hit him again. I'm guessing I didn't want to know what he was going to say, so I sent him a glare.