Chapter 46

"Mika-sensei!" I heard Naruto call. I stopped walking and turned to look at him. Kakashi and I had spent the day helping to rebuild the village and were heading to get dinner. I suppose Naruto can come with us. I still haven't really thanked him for saving our lives.

"I told you, Naruto, you don't have to be so formal." I rolled my eyes. I saw both of my students as little siblings. Them calling me sensei felt weird to me now, just like it did when Sasuke used to call me sensei. I never liked it.

"Okay, whatever. I had something to tell you, ya know!" He yelled excitedly. I raised an eyebrow.

"What is it? Is everything okay?" He nodded.

"Yes! My dad wanted me to tell you a few things! Kakashi-sensei too, but mostly you!" My eyes were wide. I'm sure I looked like I had seen a ghost. Kakashi's grip on my hand tightened in surprise.

"Yo-your dad?" I said surprised. He knows who his dad is?

"You know who your father is?" Kakashi asked, seemingly just as shocked as I was.

"Yeah! The Fourth Hokage!" His eyes were shining. I felt a huge grin spread over my face. He knows his father! "When I almost lost control of the Nine-Tails, he came to help me! He put chakra into the seal, ya know!" Of course he did. Minato-sensei, you thought of everything didn't you?

"Of course he had more to say to you." Kakashi grumbled, though I could tell he was joking. I rolled my eyes.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked with a glare sent his way.

"You were always his favorite student." Kakashi pointed out. I don't know about that. I'd say that after we lost Obito and Rin, we were about tied for favorite student.

"Yeah, okay, mister prodigy boy who can learn anything." I said sarcastically.

"You learned the flying thunder god. None of us got to learn that." Kakashi teased. Fair point, but I did ask him to teach me, and no one else did. It's not like he chose me to learn it. Kakashi was just jealous because he can't copy that jutsu. It takes preparation and research to accomplish properly. I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to Naruto who was looking at us confused. We could talk about this later.

"That's amazing, Naruto! What did he say? I want every detail! Don't leave out anything!" I yelled. I missed Minato-sensei so much. I wanted to hear every word he told Naruto.

"Can we do this at dinner? I'm starving." Kakashi complained, lazily. I knew he was excited too though. I nodded.

"Sure, come on!" I yelled and started dragging both of them to the tent where food was served. We sat down at a table and I looked at Naruto excitedly. "So, what did he say? How did it go? Was it amazing?" I asked quickly. Naruto looked overwhelmed, and Kakashi shook his head at me being so excited. But I mean, come on! Naruto finally got to meet his dad! It's exciting! And his dad just so happens to be one of my favorite people!

"Well, after punching him and yelling at him, it went well, believe it!" He responded, putting a hand behind his head nervously. I raised an eyebrow at him,

"Why did you punch him? And yell at him?" I asked, genuinely confused by that response. When I saw my father all I wanted to do was hug him. I guess this was a little different though. My father was tough, but he was there for most of my life.

"I was confused! I mean, imagine if you were to see Itachi right now! Would you be excited, or want to punch him in the face?" Naruto yelled. He was right. I'd probably punch him first, and then hug him. Or kill him again. I don't actually know.

"I understand." Kakashi said. His relationship with his father was similar, although his father was there as well, just not for as long as mine was. Kakashi still had anger towards his father for leaving him though. "You didn't know whether to be happy or angry. It's a natural response." He shrugged. I nodded, urging Naruto to continue.