Chapter 49

"I'm gonna go talk to the owners of the inn about fixing the damage." Yamato said, and left the room.

"I'm sorry, Mika." Kakashi said as he pulled me into a hug. I gladly accepted his embrace and wrapped my arms around his waist. "We'll get Sasuke back."

"How can you be so sure? He apparently wants to kill me." I said barely above a whisper.

"We don't know that to be true." I scoffed. Of course it was true. "Plus, I doubt that either you or Naruto will give up on him. He'll come around." He tried to reassure me. I sighed. I hope he's right. After awhile, Yamato came back and started fixing the hole we made in the roof, and Kakashi and I helped. Naruto was still sitting on the roof, ignoring us, even as the snow fell on his head.

I was worried about him. He was much more impulsive than I was, even though we wanted the same things. I was willing to allow Sasuke to make his mistakes, and forgive him when he was ready for it. Naruto wanted to forgive him and make him be ready to accept it. I knew that wouldn't work for Sasuke though. His leaving the village showed me that. His refusal to come home after killing Itachi solidified it for me. Sasuke is going to do what he wants, and no one will stop him. I just hope it doesn't get him killed.

"Naruto. I need to talk to you." Sakura said. I turned around and saw her and several others standing on the ground in front of the inn. What are they doing here? How did they even know we were here? I scanned the group. Sai. He must have told them. Why though? All four of us jumped down to meet them.

"What is it Sakura?" Naruto asked, clearly concerned as to why she would follow us all the way to the Land of Iron.

"I love you." She said. My eyes went wide, and I moved to stop her. Kakashi put a hand on my shoulder to stop me. I glanced back at him and he shook his head. It wasn't my place. Naruto looked shocked and confused. He's not that much of an idiot, Sakura. Literally everyone knows that you love Sasuke.

"What?" Naruto said, confused.

"Sasuke doesn't mean anything to me anymore. He's a criminal. I love you." She clarified. I wanted to slap her. She's saying this so he'll forget about his promise to her. Idiot.

"This isn't funny, Sakura!" Naruto yelled. Clearly, he didn't believe her either. Good job, Naruto.

"I'm not joking! Why should I love a criminal who won't love me back? I'm not a child anymore." She responded. She sure was doing a good job of trying to convince us, but I knew better. Reading people is one of my specialities. "So, you can forget about the promise you made me." She said with a closed eye smile. There it is. I wanted to scoff at her, but was listening to Kakashi. It's not my place. Let them figure it out. They're perfectly capable.

"Did something happen? Are you okay?" Naruto questioned.

"Nothing happened!" She responded defensively. "I just realized that I'm in love with you." I rolled my eyes, hoping she'd see that I wasn't falling for it. I wanted to smack some sense into her. How could she play with his feelings like this? What was she going to do if he said it back? Marry the boy? Idiot. She walked closer to him and pulled him into a hug, which Naruto did not return. Good job, Naruto. I swear, I'm gonna kick her ass later. She whispered something in his ear, and I activated my sharingan so I could read her lips, although that was probably rude of me. "You've always stuck by me. I just finally realized. You're the one." I glared at her. Her eyes drifted up to mine and widened and she blushed when she saw I was reading her lips, so I stopped, but didn't ease my glare. She should know that what she's doing is wrong. Naruto pushed Sakura off of him and my eyes went wide.

"Stop Sakura. This isn't funny." He said sternly. She looked shocked, but what the hell did she expect? "You're lying to yourself." They continued to argue, and I leaned into Kakashi to prevent myself from going and stopping it. He wrapped an arm around me and watched as they argued, seemingly bored. I figured he was thinking the same thing as I was. Sakura is up to something. And she's an idiot. A stupid idiot.