Chapter 50

Kakashi and I raced through the forest following behind Sai's clone. We had to be quick about this or Sakura might not make it. Thank goodness both Kakashi and I are fast runners.

"I really should put a seal on everyone. It would save a lot of running." I joked as we sprinted. Kakashi laughed.

"You still have to redo mine." He mentioned. I nodded, remembering that it disappeared when I died.

"When we stop, I'll do one on your shirt just in case we need it, and I'll redo it for real when we get home." Kakashi nodded.

"She got us! Hurry." Sai's clone said and disappeared in a puddle of ink.

"Damn." Kakashi said. I sighed, and we both started running faster. We had to make it in time. We finally reached the bridge where Sasuke was. Or what was left of it anyways. It looked like a battle had already happened here. I looked for signs of Sasuke, and saw him about to stab a not looking Sakura with chidori.

"Kashi!" I yelled. He nodded and jumped, pushing Sasuke's hand away from Sakura. I pulled out ninja wire, and threw it around Sasuke, pulling it tight, only for it to be a substitution, and Sasuke landed a few feet back from where we stood.

"You planned to kill Sasuke alone, didn't you Sakura?" Kakashi asked.

"Yes." Sakura answered, fear in her voice.

"Sakura!" I scolded. She looked down. I groaned. I could deal with scolding her later. We had bigger issues at hand.

"We are the leaders of Team 7. It is not your responsibility to do this alone." Kakashi continued, trying to stay calm.

"Not only that, but Sasuke is my brother. He is my responsibility. Let us handle it, Sakura." I said more calm than before.

"Sasuke!" Kakashi yelled. Sasuke looked at us with hatred in his eyes. I wanted to cry at the sight. He's fallen so far. He looked already beat up, and one of his eyes had blood flowing from it. He must not be aware of the dangers of overusing the mangekyo sharingan. "I'll say it one more time. Give up on this revenge." He said sternly. More stern than I'd ever heard him be with Sasuke, actually. Good. Sasuke needs someone to beat some sense into him from the looks of it. Sasuke bursted out into maniacal laughter, and my face fell in sadness. He's fallen too far. For the first time ever, I'm not sure we can save him.

"Sasuke!" I yelled. I may be doubtful, but was desperate for this to work, and I'm pretty stubborn. It was my last chance, after all. "Listen to us! You can still come home. It won't be easy, but if you give up on revenge, you can come home, and we can fix this." I said, trying to reason with him. His laugher just got more intense.

"You think I want that?" He yelled. He was clearly losing his mind. I've haven't seen Sasuke with this much emotion since the massacre. It was unnerving to say the least. "Itachi, Mom, Father. They all died for the damn village, Mika! Because of the village! Why would I come home to a village that betrayed them? Bring them back, and I'll come home!" He yelled. I sighed deeply. He knew that wasn't possible. Or at least I thought he did. He might not actually know that in the state that he's in.

"We don't want to kill you." Kakashi said sternly. He knew I would never threaten that. I couldn't. It's why I couldn't be the damn Hokage. I can't kill my brother. Or at least, I don't think I can.

"Like either of you could." Sasuke spoke with venom in his words. "Mika could never kill a family member. And Kakashi, you simply aren't strong enough." He baited. My hands balled into fists. Does he really want to test that theory? I may not be able to kill him, but I could certainly help. "Stop acting like you're in charge of me! Go ahead and try! I'm itching to kill both of you!" My eyes narrowed, and I could tell Kakashi had his bored expression on, not showing any weakness.