Chapter 48

Naruto made a shadow clone and immediately tried to hit the masked man with a rasengan, blowing out part of the inn wall, and making me facepalem. Always so rash. The rasengan went right through the man, and he stood unscathed. Suddenly, he was being wrapped in wood, and a cage like wooden structure was blocking Naruto from the masked man. Good thinking, Yamato.

"You won't get Naruto so easily, Madara." I said with venom in my tone. Kakashi had a chidori lit up right next to him, but I doubted it would do any good.

"Your chidori won't touch me, Kakashi Hatake." He said flatly. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You have to manifest completely at some point, right? Or you couldn't capture Naruto. We'll wait." Yamato said seriously.

"I'm just here to talk." Madara said flatly. I rolled my eyes at him. Yeah right.

"Like we believe that." I answered sarcastically.

"I am curious about Naruto. How he turned Pain's loyalty. I'd like to speak to him about it." He had a kind of evil wonder in his voice. I laughed a bit. Just who does he think he is?

"Who cares! Where is Sasuke!" Naruto yelled. The three of us just glared at him. I also wanted to know about Sasuke. Why is Marara manipulating him? Is he even doing that, or is Sasuke truly with him on his own accord?

"Very well." Madara answered, making me narrow my eyes. He's being awfully complacent. "But I cannot tell of Sasuke without mentioning also Itachi Uchiha. He is after all the one who started this need for revenge in dear Sasuke." I glared at him.

"What do you know of Itachi?" I said with venom in my voice. Madara glanced at me with indifference in his visible eye.

"Good to see that you're defending him, even in death, Mika." My glare intensified.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Naruto asked, angered by his antagonizing ways.

"We will get there." Marara stated. How much does this man know? I looked at Kakashi and he was giving me concerned eyes, probably thinking the same thing I was. Does he know about my knowledge of the coup? If so, how? "I will first tell you the truth about Itachi. It will lead to Sasuke." My eyes widened a bit before settling back into a glare. "Or would you like to do it, my dear Mika." My eyes shut tightly. I could feel everyone's eyes on me and I was suddenly uncomfortable. I didn't even know if what I knew was in fact the truth. "Very well, I'll do it. Itachi is known for killing his whole clan. He said he did it to test his abilities." He started, his voice almost spilling with pride. I rolled my eyes. "This is a lie." Naruto and Yamato both gasped. I suddenly became very interested in looking at the floor. I didn't want to see their faces. "You see, after the Nine-Tails attack on the village, the Uchiha became distrusted by almost everyone. They were forced to move to the edge of the village, and were mistreated. This led to discussion between the clan elders of what to do, and they decided on a coup led by none other then Itachi's father." I wanted to cry. What would Naruto think of me? And Yamato? It sounds like what I've suspected for a long time was the truth. Itachi was manipulated into doing this. But just how did Madara know about it? Unless of course he manipulated Itachi too, which is very likely. "Of course, the other senior members of the clan agreed and it was planned. They were going to assassinate the Hokage and take over the village. Fugaku, Mika's father, intended for her to be the new Hokage because she was well liked, and tried to convince her to marry Shisui Uchiha to ensure her place as head of the clan." I gasped in shock. I remembered that conversation with my father well. It was the second time he tried to get me to marry Shisui. I didn't know that's why he wanted me to do it though.

"Mika, did you know about this?" Naruto asked, clearly in shock. I shook my head quickly, but Madara spoke before I could.

"No she didn't. She never would have agreed to it, right Mika?" I said nothing, but he was right. I never would have supported a coup. I imagine that's the reason I was never told, despite my high rank. "Anyways, Mika refused, and Itachi became the next in line to run the clan. He was supposed to be a spy for the clan because of his position in the ANBU, but instead, he was a double agent, and course told the Hokage of his father's plans. After trial and failure to come to an agreement peacefully, there was only one solution that the council could find. The Uchiha had to be eliminated." Naruto and Yamato gasped again. "And they tasked Itachi with it under the conditions that no one would know, he would live as a rogue ninja, and he could spare his siblings. But he failed part of his mission and told one person, isn't that right, Mika? He told you and begged you to help him because he was in trouble." I glared at him again. I was angry and wanted to cry at finally hearing the truth. My father did this. And the burden Itachi took on should have been mine. Tears were clouding my eyes, but I fought with everything in me to keep them in. I would not allow Madara to see me cry. "And you tried to help him fix it, but you left for a mission instead. Did you honestly think it was a coincidence? I remember seeing you in the woods before we did it, trying to figure out a plan. Tell me, were you successful?" I gasped.