Chapter 38

I sliced through the strings holding Kakashi, and right as I did, the guy fell over, seemingly dead. I was thoroughly confused.

"Shikamaru was on time too." Kakashi explained. I picked him up and carried him over to where Choji and Ino were at. He was panting and looked tired.

Choji used his expansion jutsu to grow to be larger than the trees, and smashed two black looking monster things with masks between his hands and into the ground. They popped up right in front of us, one about to throw fire right at us. We all jumped out of the way just in time, and one of the black string like monsters went into the guy's body.

"What the hell?" I muttered. What did I walk into? He twitched on the ground.

"Impossible." I heard Ino say behind me.

"He absorbed the lightning chakra heart." Kakashi said, sounding shocked.

"He has more than one heart?" I asked. Kakashi just nodded. Alright. Well, he's a weird one. The weird guy stood up, and Kakashi and I immediately got into a fighting stance.

"Ah. Itachi's older sister. Glad you could make it." I scoffed. "Hidan will be sad. He's been wanting to sacrifice an Uchiha for years." He smirked at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Well, he can gladly sacrifice Itachi if he wants it that badly." I said with venom in my voice. No way I'd end up a sacrifice.

"Wouldn't that be something." The weird guy teased. I rolled my eyes again, reaching for a kunai in my weapons pouch.

"Hurricane vortex jutsu!" I heard someone yell. I instinctively threw my kunai at the weird guy in front of me. A tornado looking thing appeared in front of us, heading towards the weird guy, and Naruto and Yamato appeared in front of us, with Sakura and Sai appearing beside us. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Sorry we're late." Naruto said. I smirked at him.

"Perfect timing, guys." I said smugly.

"I don't think I've ever seen you so beat up, senpai." Yamato directed to Kakashi, teasingly. I laughed a little. I could sense an eye roll coming from Kakashi. "The enemy must be powerful." He added, more seriously. Looking at the weird guy, he had almost dark grey hair sprouting from his back, towering over his head, and the other two masks were attached to either side of his head. He looked menacing.

"I can handle him." Naruto said, determined. I smiled at him. He perfected it. Good job, kid. Naruto created shadow clones and started forming the jutsu. Wind circulated around us, and he had a determined look in his eyes. I gasped. It looks like a shuriken. Way to go, kid! The weird guy jumped in between the Naruto shadow clones, and Naruto went to hit him with the new jutsu, apparently called rasenshuriken. Before it could hit, it dissipated. The weird guy used the same strings he used on Kakashi and grabbed Naruto. Naruto panicked and froze in place. Shit. This isn't good. Kakashi jumped into action, and used chidori to cut the strings before grabbing Naruto and bringing him back to the group. I was breathing kind of heavily, but still controlled. Yamato stepped in and used his wood style to push the weird guy further away from us, and I sprung into action, ready to hit him. I got close enough, and decided to try a wind jutsu.

"Wind style: wind scythe!" I yelled and my wind knives cut through him, but he dodged in a way that none of the hearts were touched. Damn. I tried to use some taijutsu against him, but he kept dodging out of my way. I heard Naruto yelling behind me, but didn't pay attention to what he was saying. I threw a special kunai behind my opponent, and teleported to him.

"That's right. I do remember Itachi saying you could use that technique." He said arrogantly, like it didn't matter. I scoffed, and landed a punch to the side of his head, stopping him.

"You'd do well to remember it if we meet again." I sneered. I lit up a chidori and tried to hit him, but he moved, though not before I could lay my other hand on him, effectively placing a seal. I smirked and teleported again, this time landing the chidori right into one of his hearts. He gasped, and glared at me, before trying to grab me with the same strings that caught Kakashi and Naruto. I dodged them though.

"Girl! I will take your heart to replace that one!" He yelled. Gross. So that's how he does it. He literally has multiple lives.

"Not a chance." I said and went back to trying to take him down with taijutsu, but he seemed to be one step ahead of me.

"Mika!" Kakashi called. I knew that meant to get out of the way, so I teleported back to him right as Naruto threw another attack. I was panting. "He wanted to try again." I nodded. Naruto landed the attack, and the weird guy exploded in a huge white ball of wind. My eyes went wide. I activated my sharingan to try to see better, but it was impossible to see. "The number of attacks can't be counted." Kakashi said, reading my mind.

"Even with the sharingan." I added, amazed. Kakashi looked over to Naruto and he was laying on the ground, looking more beat up than Kakashi did. I glanced up to Kakashi, worried looking. He nodded, affirming my worry before going over to Naruto and helping him up. The attack was powerful, but it comes at a price. We'll have to see what that price is. But the fight was over.

"Sai, Sakura, go see if you can find Shikamaru, and help him if needed." I instructed them. They nodded and got onto one of Sai's drawn birds. I let out a deep breath and went to help Kakashi with Naruto. "That was awesome, Naruto!" I said proudly. He smiled at me, and Kakashi and I helped him up. He looked exhausted.

"You placed a seal while fighting." Kakashi mentioned. I looked over to him and he looked amused. I smiled.

"I did! And it worked!" I was happy with myself. I finally perfected it! I just had to work on speed, and I'd be as good as Minato-sensei!

————————

"So the rasenshuriken is kind of like the mangekyo sharingan? It's powerful, but the drawbacks are severe?" I mused. Tsunade just showed us Kakuzu's body, and apparently the rasenshuriken tore apart each and every cell, much like a poison does. The effect was similar to Naruto's arm, and while he could be healed this time, there was no guarantee he could be next time.

"Exactly, except instead of his eyesight, it will destroy his ability to use his arm. He can't use it anymore. Make sure he understands." Yamato, Kakashi and I all nodded. I was kind of sad for Naruto. He worked so hard to develop this, and it was awesome. But I know better than most that it's not worth it. Losing his arm wasn't worth it.

"You get to tell him." I gave Kakashi a closed eye smile. Yamato laughed at me, and Kakashi scoffed.

"Why me? You're better at this stuff!" Kakashi defended. I rolled my eyes.

"I had to miss most of the fight to watch him. You can tell him that he can't use it." I smirked.

"She has a good point, senpai." Yamato backed me up. I gave him a high five for the gesture. Kakashi smacked his forehead, making me laugh more. I did not want to be the one to tell Naruto that he couldn't use that jutsu. He'd be upset.

"I'm gonna go to the KIA stone." I said. I wanted to tell Minato-sensei that I perfected the technique. Kakashi nodded and he and Yamato started walking towards the hospital. For once, I was excited as I headed to the stone. I knew Minato couldn't respond, but I really felt like he could hear me when I was at the stone. Like he was there too. I kneeled down in front of the stone and began to 'talk.'

'Hi, Minato-sensei! For once, I'm not coming because I'm sad. I'm actually really excited, and I know you'd be proud of me. I perfected the flying thunder god. I finally was able to place a seal on someone while fighting, and it was complete and useable! I even won the fight! Well kind of. The guy had five hearts. But I got one of them! I'm sorry I gave up on it for so long. I just felt like without you here, it wasn't fair for me to move forward with a jutsu that made you famous. But I'm glad I did. For the first time in a long time, I feel like I'm making you proud of me. I miss you and Kushina. I wish you guys were here with us, and with Naruto. You'd be proud of him too. He did it. He put wind into the rasengan. Just like you wanted to! He can't use it because it hurts his arm, but I know you'd be proud of him all the same, just like I am. Anyways, I just thought you guys should know. I miss you guys.'