Chapter 21

After Lord Third's funeral, we were tasked with rebuilding the village. It wasn't hard work necessarily, but it was time consuming. It felt like it was never ending almost.

As we were in need of a new Hokage, Jiraiya and Naruto went off to find the Legendary Saanin, Tsunade. She was an excellent choice, but apparently difficult to find. It felt like they had been gone for ages looking for her, but it honestly had only been a few days.

Sasuke was fine after his fight with Gaara. He spent a few days in the hospital recovering, but was now helping us with rebuilding. I had several talks with him about the curse mark and who Orochimaru was, what he wanted, and why Sasuke had absolutely no business going to him. If he wanted power that badly, he would come to me or Kakashi. I tried to make sure of that. I couldn't handle the fact that he could become the next vessel. It was too much.

Right now, I was hanging out with Guy, and we were walking around the village. We were tasked with rebuilding some of the shops that were destroyed by Orochimaru's snakes, and were finally done for the day. I was glad for the break, and honestly glad to be hanging out with Guy. He may be a little weird, but he always brightens my day with his talk of "eternal youth," and whatnot, which is what I was half way listening to while we walked.

Out of nowhere, I heard a ton of yelling coming from the river on the outskirts of the city.

"What was that?" Guy yelled, immediately on guard. I was too. It wasn't everyday that we heard yelling, and honestly, after the attack, we could never be too sure.

"Let's go see, but try to stay hidden." I said, trying to mask my panic. I was nervous that it was another attack or someone trying to infiltrate the village because of our lack of Hokage currently.

We came into the tree line surrounding the river, and I stopped dead in my tracks, breath hitched in my lungs, and my blood began to boil. It couldn't be. That can't be who I think it is.

"Mika. Don't do anything rash. We need a plan." Guy said slowly, sensing what I was getting ready to do. Itachi and some blue shark human were standing on the river in front of Kurenai, Asuma, and a collapsed Kakashi. I nodded and tried with every fiber in me to restrain myself from doing something stupid.

"I'll take Itachi, you take the other." I said with venom in my voice. How dare he show up back here? What the hell is he thinking? And what the hell happened to Kakashi?

"I don't know if that's a good idea." Guy said, carefully. This was a sensitive topic, after all. I hadn't seen my dear brother in years. Even I didn't know what I'd do when I got a hold of him.

"You can't look in his eyes. I can." I said simply. Guy stood no chance against Itachi simply because of the sharingan. He would be caught in a genjutsu faster than I could snap my fingers, and that couldn't happen. That's probably what happened to Kakashi. Damnit, Itachi.

"Fine. But try not to do anything to waste your youth." Guy said with a smile playing in his lips. "Kakashi would kill me if you die."

"I make no promises." At that moment, the blue shark guy lifted his sword to attack Asuma. "Now!" I yelled and we jumped out of the bushes, Guy heading right for the blue shark guy, and me heading right for Itachi, sharingan already activated.

I aimed to punch him in the face, but unfortunately he caught my hand before it could land. Damnit. He had a bored expression on his face, like I was just a waste of space, and it made my blood boil hotter than it ever had.

"I think I deserve at least one really good punch to your face after all of the shit you did, don't you agree, Itachi." I seethed, venom spewing with my words. I gave him the fiercest glare I could muster, and removed my hand from his, to quickly replace it with a kick that he also caught, making me growl.