Chapter 56

Naruto made a few shadow clones and ran through the whole army spreading Kurama's chakra to us all. After a few minutes everyone was glowing red. I smirked as the chakra hit me and I felt my power surging. This was a great idea, Shikaku. Hopefully it will make you proud.

The ten tails started trying to hit us with its tails again, and some of Choji's family used their expansion jutsu to basically grow into giants and stop them. Then, Shikamaru and Ino used their jutsus to start to immobilize the ten tails. The Nara clan gathered around Shikamaru's shadow and strengthened it, while Ino invaded Obito's mind and rendered him useless. The last people to receive chakra were Lee, Guy and Kakashi. Lee was sobbing over Neji's body, and Kakashi and Guy were trying to reason with him. Nothing was working.

"Lee!" I shouted and then kneeled down beside him. "You need to stop crying and focus." I said sternly. He looked up at me with tears in his eyes. "I know this is hard, but we cannot mourn here. Here we need to remember Neji's sacrifice and focus on winning this war so that it will not be in vain." I said.

"As long as we remember his convictions, he will live on connected inside of us." Guy added.

"Let me tell you something!" Obito yelled, clearly angry. "It's those connections that made me what I am today! Bonds can be powerful curses too!" He yelled. I scoffed at him.

"Naruto." Kakashi said, anger barely reaching his voice. "I was the one who told you 'I will never let my comrades die.' Those words are aimed at myself as well." His voice now held sadness. I reached out and grabbed his hand in support. I knew he wanted to save everyone. "Because I haven't saved many comrades."

"That's not true, Kashi." I said softly, remembering all the times he's saved me, the times he's saved Naruto, or Sakura, or even Sasuke. He's saved all of us at least once.

"Stop, Mika." He warned. "I keep telling myself that this time, I'll be able to do it. And then, I can't." My heart broke for Kakashi and the pain he must be feeling. I wanted to tell him it was a lie he kept telling himself, but I knew he wouldn't believe me, and we can't waste the time arguing now. "Not saving my comrades is something I will regret for the rest of my life."

"But that's why we are ninja." Naruto interrupted. "We are the ones who endure this pain. You may never forget them, but the pain proves that they live on with you." I smiled at Naruto. The pride I felt for him was almost overwhelming. He always knows exactly what to say. "Friends that are created inside a dream aren't real." Naruto spoke, referencing Obito's dream world. "You'd just be erasing your real friends. The ones who are here now. I want to keep the real Neji alive in my heart, not some made up version, ya know!" Naruto yelled and started walking around giving chakra to the last of the people. I smiled at him. Well said, Naruto, well said. Lee closed Neji's eyes and stood up. I looked at Kakashi and his eyes held sadness.

"Don't you go giving up on this war, Kashi." I threatened. "We've come too far to quit now." I said in a softer tone. He looked back at me and smirked.

"I wouldn't dream of it, Mika." I smiled at him and began to ready myself for the next attack. Analyzing the chakra I got from Kurama, I was amazed at the power it held. If I have this much of it, and it's only a fraction, how much does Naruto have? The thought impressed me. If Naruto could master all of this, he would be more powerful than the legendary sannin. The ten tails started pushing back against Shikamaru's shadow paralysis, and I knew it must be time.

"Naruto, now's your chance! Do it now!" Shikamaru yelled. All ten of the ten tails arms surrounded us and plummeted into the ground, shaking the earth around us. We fought to stay standing upright as the ground threatened to cave beneath us. As soon as the ground stableized, we gathered together as one unit, with Naruto in the front, and we ran right at the ten tails. Naruto had his rasenshuriken ready to go, and as we jumped, it was almost like we were flying like a bird. The rasenshuriken sliced through two of the ten tails, and we continued flying right towards Obito and Madara. Guy launched Lee towards Madara, and Naruto flung his rasenshuriken towards Obito while the rest of us focused on tackling the ten tails to the ground. With Obito and Madara no longer attached, the ten tails would be easier us to manage. Obito and Madara landed on the ground, looking particularly angry, and the rest of us landed in front of them.