Chapter 22

THEA' P.O.V

"My babies!" Elisa cheered, pulling me into her hug as soon as we arrived.

"Mum, we are not babies." Arthur said beside me.

"You guys will always be my babies," this time she hugged her only son. "Come on then, your dad has been waiting for you."

Leading us to their dining room, Michael already sat on his seat, typing something on his phone. Sensing us, he looked up and smiled as he saw us.

"Hey, Dad." it was Arthur who hugged him first.

"How have you been, Althea?" He asked, giving me a quick hug.

I smiled at him. "I've been good, Mike."

"Good, now let's eat."

I took a seat next to Arthur, the opposite of Elisa. As we ate, Michael asked how our marriage had been going. Though Arthur and I used to lie by saying fine, this time we answered them with honest. It was nice to finally being honest with my in laws about our marriage. We decided not to tell his parents about the first few months of our marriage as it was already in the past and we had made up.

And just like our usual gathering, Elisa would either talk about my childhood with Arthur or telling me some embarrassing moments of Arthur. It was only 9 in the morning but I have had so much fun with them today.

"Thank you for breakfast." I told Elisa as we were done eating.

"Don't mention it, darling. Can we talk for a few minutes?"

I nodded. "Sure, El. What is it?"

She lead me to the living room where it was only the two of us. I was a bit nervous of what she was going to say.

Suddenly I was pulled into hug. "Thank you so much, Althea."

"Why are you thanking me for?"

"I haven't told you this before but you make Arthur really happy, I can see it in his eyes. I may be old but I still can feel my son's feelings. And he is really happy around you."

A smile crept on my face. "He makes me really happy too."

"I'm so happy for you both. Your mother and I had always believed that you two would make each others happy."

Hugging her tightly, a tear slipped my eye. How lucky of me to have given a second chance, and that was to have another mother figure after I lost mine.

"You and Mama always looked out for me."

"Of course, sweetheart, you're already my daughter too the moment I helped your mother gave birth of you."

"Thank you, for loving me after I lost my Mama."

I heard footsteps behind us, we pulled away to see Michael and Arthur joined us in the living room.

Arthur saw my watery eyes and looked worried. "What's wrong? Mum, what did you do to her?"

Wiping my tears, I nodded my head. "I'm fine, don't worry. Elisa didn't do anything to me."