Chapter 2 - Here We Are

~The Beach House~

Y/N walks upstairs and sits down at the end of Steven's bed turning on the TV as the broadcast begins. White Diamond's voices is heard as she describes a very, watered-down version of what happened during the war causing Y/N to roll his eyes and sigh. White begins to introduce Steven and the screen pans to him looking at the camera with a smile.

Steven: How is it going, everyone! I know you all might be thinking of me as the new Pink Diamond, but you don't have to put me on a throne. I already have a rightful place, and it's on Earth. It's a beach house, where I live with my friends Garnet, Amethyst, Y/N, and Pearl. As much as I've loved dismantling the empire and saving all your planets, I can't wait to get home and spend some quality time with my friends! *The camera pans up to White Diamond who looks shocked*

White Diamond: *looks off-camera* Cut the feed.

Y/N watches at the TV screen turns to static causing him to laugh as he runs his hands through his hair. He falls back on the bed and looks up at the ceiling with his laugh that is slowly fading.

Y/N: Oh boy, good luck Steven.

~Four Minutes later~

Connie lays down on the ground reading a magazine in the bright blue dome above the house as a beam appears on the warp pad next to her. The warp stream dissipates and Steven walks off with a smile, happy to see Connie.

Connie: *runs up and hugs him* Steven! What took so long?

Steven: *sighs* The Diamonds. They really want me to move in.

Connie: Why?

Steven: Because they want to smother me with attention 24/7.

Connie: *Giggles to herself* Sounds fun.

Steven: It's not. *the two begin to walk downstairs*

Connie: Well, I'm just glad that I got to see you before I left.

Steven: Oh right space camp. Do you really have to go? I mean you've already been to space multiple times now.

Once the two reach the bottom of the stairs they are interrupted by a snore. They look to the couch seeing Y/N sound asleep. Steven looks at Connie with a smile and puts his finger to his lips. He begins to quietly walk over to Y/N, getting close to his ear and taking a deep breath.

Steven: HEY Y/N!

Y/N quickly flings up from the couch.

Y/N: IM UP!!! *he turns to see Connie and Steven laughing* Oh hey you two! Connie, How long have you been here?

Connie: *laughs* I've been up in the greenhouse for the past fifteen minutes.

Y/N: *laughs* Oh. Well hello there!

Connie: Well hello to you too- *her phone begins to vibrate* Oh it's my mom I should probably get going.

Connie and Steven hugged each other before she leaves. The two pull away from the hug and blush before Connie suddenly kissed Steven on the cheek and begins to leave leaving him surprised.

Connie: Okay! Bye! *runs down the beach houses stairs*

Steven: *waves* Bye! Tell everyone space was a scary and dangerous place but it's safe now!

Y/N: Peace!

Connie: Alright I will!

Connie walks away leaving the sight of the two. Y/N walks next to Steven with a smirk and nudges him with his elbow.