Episode 10 - Date Night

~Spinel's POV~

Spinel: Where in the stars is he? It's not like him to be gone for this long.

She walks up the Beach House stairs and peaks into the blue dome but can only see the warp pad surrounded by plant life. Spinel with a confused look stretches her neck downstairs and sees Amethyst pouring a bag of chips on mashed potatoes.

Spinel: Hey Ams? Have you seen Y/N anywhere?

Amethyst: *shrugs and squirts mustard on the chips* Nope haven't seen him all day. Check the ruins, he might be training with Steven again.

Spinel fully walks down the stairs and towards the kitchen looking frustrated.

Spinel: *huffs* Again? *she crosses her arms multiple times* It's been weeks, You'd think he'd know how to take a break. What about Doc? have you seen her?

Amethyst: Nope, sorry man.

Spinel stomps her way to the warp pad and leaves. She walks up the sky arena stairs to see Pearl and Connie sparing but no Y/N in sight.

Spinel: Pearl? Connie? Have you seen Y/N at all?

Pearl: Huh? No, I'm sorry but I haven't seen him all day.

Connie: Neither have I.

Spinel starts to get worried and begins to tug at her pigtails. "He wasn't taken again, was he? D-did he finally get bored of me?" Pearl puts her sword back into her gem and walks up to Spinel hugging her.

Spinel: h-he's not gone is he?

Pearl: *smiles* Of course not. He's okay, don't worry.

Spinel: *begins to tear up* But he's never gone for this long!

Pearl: *looks at Connie* Your lesson is on hold for today. *Connie nods*

The three walk to the warp and leave heading back home. Pearl walks a panicking Spinel to the couch and the two sit down.

Pearl: Trust me. He's okay.

Spinel: How do you know that!?

Pearl: Beca-

The front door swings open and Y/N walks in carrying a box of donuts with two bags on top. Spinel looks at him with pure joy as he's about to say something but is instantly cut off by her tackling him to the ground causing him to drop everything.

Spinel: Don't you ever scare me like that again!! *she buries her face into his chest*

Y/N: *holds her* I'm sorry noodle. I just had to do something.

Spinel: *looks up at him with suspicion* And what would that be?

Y/N: *smiles* If I can get up I'll show you.

Spinel: Okay, but I'm not lettin' go. *wraps her arms and legs around him*

Y/N: *chuckles* Alright.

Y/N struggles to gets up with Spinel attached to him but once he does he picks up the donut box and bags. He smiles and waves at Pearl, Connie, and Amethyst before the two of them walk out.

Pearl: Have fun you two. Be safe!

Y/N: we will!

Y/N attempts to walk down the beach house stairs somehow succeeding.

Spinel: Soooo? Where are we goin'?

Y/N: *points to the top of the lighthouse* Up there?

Spinel: Wha? It's gonna be dark when we get up there.