Episode 7 - Reunion

~The Beach House~

Garnet and Pearl talk with each other in the kitchen while Amethyst and Doc sit on the counter sharing a bag of chaaaps. Something catches Garnet's attention however causing her to take off her visor and look towards the warp pad. Pearl noticing this and asks her what's wrong when the warp suddenly shines bright. Through the warp stream Spinel quickly jumps out and runs upstairs holding something in her arms with Blue, Yellow, and Steven running close behind. The gems look at each other and drop everything running up the stairs. They stop at the top of the stairs stunned to see Y/N unconscious on Steven's bed. Ecstatic smiles spread across the gem's faces as a single tear slides down Garnet's cheek.

Amethyst: Y/N!? Is he okay??

Pearl: Where was he!?

Steven: We found him in the Palace's underground on HomeWorld. 

Pearl: The old Labs? *looks to the diamonds with anger* Did you two have anything to do with this?! *Amethyst and Garnet stand behind her ready*

Blue: *appalled by the accusation* Excuse me? *energy begins to ripple around her hands* How dare you-

Steven: *quickly jumps in before anything happens* Woah! Woah! It wasn't them! But, whoever did it, did something to him.

Pearl: What did they do?

Steven: *looks to Spinel seeing her still holding onto Y/N* Spinel.

She turns her head to Steven and hesitantly lets go of Y/N, revealing the disfigured gem. The Crystal Gems look on in shock and disbelief not knowing what to say or do.

Pearl: H...he's-

Garnet: Like Steven.

Steven lets out a deep breath and sits down at the end of the bed. 

Steven: *puts his hands on his head* He wasn't the only one we found. 

Amethyst: You guys found the missing people?

Yellow: Whatever's left of them.

The gems stay silent.

Steven: *grabs his hair tightly* ... *quickly gets up* I'll be back. I have to call someone. *pulls out his phone and runs downstairs* 

Amethyst: Is he gonna be okay?

Pearl and Amethyst both look at Garnet.

Garnet: I-I'm not sure.

Yellow and Blue look at each other with concern while Steven paces back and forth downstairs. A pink portal suddenly opens with Lion jumping out with Connie and her mom riding on his back. 

Mrs.Maheswaran: *grabbing her duffle bag tightly* We're never doing that again!

Steven: *runs up to the two* Connie! Mrs.Maheswaran! Please we need your he-

Mrs.Maheswaran: Connie's already filled me in. Is he upstairs?

Steven: *nods* Yes.

Steven swiftly leads the two of them upstairs. Before Mrs.Maheswaran could do anything she looks up seeing the two Diamonds. She remembers Connie telling her about them but never really expected to see them in person, they're shorter than she imagined. She begins to walk to the side of the bed but  Spinel glares at her and wraps her arms tighter around him not wanting her to come closer.

Steven: Spinel, it's okay. She's here to help.

After a second Spinel reluctantly moves out of the way and Mrs.Maheswaran walks up to him and digs through her bag pulling out a stethoscope and putting it on.

Mrs.Maheswaran: *lifts up his burnt shirt revealing multiple scars* Oh my- *looks closer* These scars, they're electrical. *Pearl gasps and covers her mouth as the gems see the damage done to him* Hmmm. *presses the stethoscope end on his chest. After a few seconds, she moves the end to a different spot on his chest* Heart rate's low. Pearl, can you help me?

Pearl: Yes! Of course. *walks next to Mrs.Maheswaran* 

Mrs.Maheswaran: Help me push him to his side. 

Blue and Yellow watch Pearl and the human move him to his side somewhat curious about how humans tend to their injured.