Episode 5 - Loss

~The Beach House: Days later~

It's a quiet night as moonlight shines through the front windows of the unlit home. Soft green light shines on Steven's face as he struggles to stay awake, viewing a tablet that has a display of the Earth on it while sitting on the couch. From the corner of his eye, he can see someone coming through the warp but is too focused to look. The warp stream dissipates and Spinel walks off with an exhausted look on her face while tugging at her pigtails. Breaking from his focus, Steven looks towards the warp pad and his tired eyes widen in surprise to see her. Since Y/N's abduction, Spinel has locked herself in their room not even coming out for the Diamonds. According to Doc, she sometimes sees Spinel sneaking out for hours and returning looking more defeated than before.

Steven: Spinel?! *he runs up to her but she slightly backs up* A-any luck?

Spinel: N-no... *Spinel falls to her knees trying her hardest not to break down* H-he's still alive... right?

Steven: *sits down next to her* He's alive, I know it. We both know it. *He notices she has Y/N's gauntlets with her and gives her a comforting smile* You wanna go get those fixed? *she softly nods*

Steven then stands up and activates the warp pad.

~ Little Home World~

The two walk through Little Home World and into the forge.

Bismuth: *notices Steven and Spinel walking in and gives them a warm smile* Hey there you two. How're you holdin' up?

Steven: Not so good, *rubs his eyes as he talks* we haven't found any leads at all. The Diamonds did a worldwide search of HomeWorld and their colonies but nothing. Bismuth, what should we do?

Bismuth: I-I'm sorry Steven. I don't know... *finishes another sword and throws it into a pile* How's Garnet?

Steven: Ruby and Sapphire, haven't fused yet. They're taking it pretty hard.

Bismuth: I mean with their history, I can see why.

Steven: what about Peridot and Lapis?

Bismuth: They and a bunch of other gems checked any gem ruin or kindergarten, but found nothing. *she looks to Spinel* Hey Stretchy, how you holdin' up?

Spinel: I'm fine. *she carefully hands the broken gauntlet to Bismuth* please, can you fix it...

Bismuth: *smiles* Of course, I can. *she takes the gauntlet and its pieces and starts to go to work*

~Somewhere in a dark room~

Y/N's eyes begin to open as he wakes up on the cold floor of a dark cell.

Y/N: w-wha? *he rubs his head* how long have I been out? *memories of the fight flash within his mind* Spinel. *quickly looks around* Where am I!? *gets up and sees the Peridot working on a giant monitor* Hey!? *no reply* Hey! I know you can hear me you little green shit!

He continues to try and get the Peridot's attention but a large red fist bangs again the cell making him fall back to the ground.

Unknown Jasper: SHUT IT, YOU RUNT!

Y/N: *he flips her off* SCREW YOU!

Unknown Jasper: *clenches her fists* Why you little-

Unknown Peridot: Red, please don't antagonize the subject.

Red: *grunts and walks off* Then keep better control "subject" Prism. 

Y/N: So. Prism, where's Spinel and my friends? Where're all the humans you captured??