Part Twenty-Eight I Mina's Birthday

April 29th, 2020
Y/N's POV~
Today is Mina's birthday so Tom, Harrison, Ava and I are throwing a huge surprise for her. Recently Harrison has been hanging out with Mina so he will distract her for a bit while Thomas and I get the surprise ready. I've known her for 5 years so this will be easy.

"Hey, love! Are you ready?"
"Almost! I just need to get my hoodie"
"Alright"

I grab my black sweater and put it on. I open the door and walk downstairs. When I see Thomas I run up to him and hug him.

"Jesus Y/N!"
"Sorry," I say releasing him from my grip. Tom opens his mouth to says something when I hear a knock at the door. I walk to the door and open it.

"Hey, Mina!"
"Hey Y/N!"
"Happy birthday!"
"Thanks! Is Haz here?"
"Yes. HARRISON. GET YOUR ASS IN HERE RIGHT NOW OR I'LL THROW YOUR CAMERA LENSES IN A FIRE"

I hear a loud thud. Harrison runs into the room.

"What the hell happened"
"When you yelled I fell down and I stumbled to get here"
"Jesus. Anyways your date is here for you-"
"Shut up!"

I smirk and walk away leaving Mina and Harrison in an awkward situation. I walk back into the kitchen and Thomas hugs me.

"Hey Darling"
"Hey Thomas"
"So are you ready to surprise Mina?"
"Of course I am. She's been one of my best friends for years"

Tom kisses my forehead. I release Tom from my grip and he does the same. I hear the front door shut.

"Let's do this"
"Why do we have to do this nowwwww?"
"Thomas!"
"What?"
"We have 5 hours to do this"
"Fine"

Tom let's go of me and walks to the garage. I go to the kitchen and grab the ingredients for a cake. Tom walks back into the living room holding a box of decorations.

"Thanks, Thomas"
"Anything for you love"
"Mhm sure"
"I'm serious. I'd even quit my job for you"
"Why? I'm just person"
"A person who is my girlfriend."
"I shouldn't be your girlfriend"
"Why? You're the prettiest girl I've ever met and the kindest person on this entire planet"
"Yeah sure. I'm kind and I'm pretty in your eyes but I came out of nowhere. You haven't known me for years. You've only known me for a couple of months. Why? Why am I put on this pedestal in your eyes?"
"You're the only person I want to spend my life with"
"Why?"

Tom puts the boxes of decorations down and walks over to me. He wraps his arms around my waist and puts his head on my shoulder.

"I love you so much and nothing can change that"
"Alright. Go on and decorate the house now. I need to make the cake"

Tom kisses my cheek and walks off to go decorate the house. I continue to make the cake with a question stuck in my mind. Why? Why did he choose me? I continue to make the cake for mina's birthday.

Tom's POV~
I'm starting to get worried about Y/N. Ever since I found out she had heightened anxiety she's been acting 'strange'. She's been doubting herself, she's been super self-deprecating and she isn't as confident.

"Hey, darling?"
"Yeah?"
"How were you so confident when we first met?"
"What do you mean?"
"You were so confident when we first met but when I found out you have heightened anxiety all your confidence was flushed down the drain"
"I honestly don't know Thomas"

I put some decorations up on the walls with the question still stuck in my mind 'what happened?' I'm worried it's something I did.

"Thomas"
"Huh?"
"Don't stress about it"
"How did you know?!"
"Your breathing is started to get heavy"
"It was?"