Chapter 23

Dean POV:

I talk to Seth through the phone as I get out of Becky's house. "Hello, darling?" A smile forms on my face as I talk to him finally. I worried about him for not attending my call when I tried his number two hours ago. Yeah... I called him when Becky was not there in the house.

"Oh.. hey, Deano. Sorry for calling at this time. I know it's late, and I tried to come home on my own, but I'm trapped into... somewhere. I don't know where I am, and it's getting freezing here. Can you help me, please? The road's name is Robinvale Road." He says, and it gets my attention.

Shit! I didn't have my car this time. I get inside Becky's house as I talk to him, "Seth, you're practically on the other side of town. How did you get there?"

"I came here with Roman to meet someone. When he noticed the time was going on, he told me to go home safely. I got on a bus to come home, but it was suddenly driving all the wrong ways. I got off it and thought I could just walk home. Now, I'm here and my phone is dying so please just tell me the direction of our house before my phone turns off." He pleads through the phone.

"No. Stay where you are. I'll pick you up. It'll probably take me about 20 minutes with the car." I say and go to Becky's room to see her. I open the door and see her sitting on the bed with her head down. I look around the room and notice some decorations are destroyed.

I take a step back, not wanting to argue with her or showing our anger towards each other. I think about Seth's situation as I close the door and remember him suffering from the cold there so I stop and call her, "Becky, I have an important work to go so I take your car keys with me."

She turns to look at me and glares at me but I don't mind and close the door behind me, taking the car keys from the coffee table and get out of her house. As I get in the car, I notice my phone is still connected with Seth.

Shit! How careless I am. I move the phone up to my ear and tell, "Seth, just wait there. I'll be there soon."

"You don't have to, Deano. I don't know that you're at your girlfriend's house. If I knew, I wouldn't have called you. Just tell me the way to our house and I'll walk." He tries to convince me but I snort and start the car, "Shut up, Seth, I'm on my way. Just stay where you are and I'll get you."

"Alright.." He murmurs and hangs up the phone.

God! His sound seems like a lost puppy. I can only imagine how he is wandering around the city looking around and hoping to see something or someone familiar that has guided him home. It makes me feel weird and my heart gets heavy at the thought of him all alone at someplace that he doesn't know.

As fast as I can make my way through the city. Luckily the streets aren't packed as they usually are during the day. After a 20 minute drive, I finally reach the Robinvale Road.

It is a big street with lots of pubs and shops, it will be hard to find Seth here since the road is actually pretty long but I don't stop looking for him until I find him sitting at the edge of the sidewalk with his knees pulled up close to his body because of the cold.

I find a parking lot ten meters farther down the road and he doesn't see me as I get out of the car to walk over to him. "Seth," I call him and place my hand on the younger one's shoulder.

The sudden touch makes him jump but as he turns around and faces me relief is written all over him. "God, I'm so sorry for calling you to get me up this late. I swear I could have walked back or I would've taken a cab, but I got scared when my initial thought was failed. I'm so sorry."

"Just shut up! Come on, get in the car. You look like you're freezing." I remove my jacket and cover him with it. It is really cold outside for late February.

He nods and slips the jacket on, following me to find his place on the passenger seat while I find my place in the driver seat. I start the car and let a small talk with him, "I probably have a glass of wine for this cold."

"If you want, you can drink to get you warm-up but I won't tell it will be healthy or something." He says in a concerned tone and I really like it.

"I guess you're right but I wouldn't drink alone." I lie to him because I used to drink a lot, especially alone, and every time I did, I ended up doing something stupid and almost getting arrested for it.

"You came here to help me so don't worry, I'll come with you for a drink at least." He laughs and leans his head on the headrest. He trails his fingers over the glass and murmurs, "Sorry for interrupting your precious time with your girlfriend. I know she would be mad at me for occupying your enough time."

"Stop being so obsessed with my girlfriend, Seth." I roll my eyes but keep grinning as I pull the car into the parking lot of the bar.

For a moment, I just turn to look at him which seems to make him a little nervous, and to be honest, it makes me nervous too. There is again this heavy ticklish feeling in my guts that I try to ignore but never really get rid of it.

I break the silence between us, "Listen, darling. Don't let your mind here and there because you need to concentrate on your practice and achieve your dream. Let's just go for a drink and enjoy our day. You need to stop worrying so much. Now get out of the car." I push at his shoulder with a smile so he will exit the car and I also do the same.

We go inside and drink pretty well as we chat about our childhood stories. I get up from the chair and pull him with me when he seems tired. I get the wallet from him and pay the bill before taking him back to the car.

I drive the car to our house, making sure I'm going in the right direction. Once we reach the house, I get out of the car and help him come outside. He can't stand on his own feet, so I hold him in my arms and take him to our room.

I remove the jacket from him and toss it aside before laying him on the bed. I get surprised when he wraps his arms around my neck and pulls me closer to him. We stare at each other until his soft lips meet mine.

I feel a million sensations run down my body. His kiss is just like his smile. It is innocent but the most beautiful thing I have ever witnessed. He holds me a little longer, but I didn't pull back and keep kissing him as tenderly as I can.

I pull away from him when his grip loosens around me. I notice he is passed out. I smile a little and pull the blanket over him, making sure he is comfortable in his position.

I go to my side and lay on the bed, thinking about our kiss. I turn on his side and move my hand to untie his bun, letting the hair falls over his face and lay my head on his chest.