Chapter 24

Seth POV:

I wake up with a splitting headache. I know I overdid last night, but I didn't go to the bar with a drinking mind. I went there to give a company to Dean, but I didn't know when the solo cup got more.

"Sleeping beauty, finally you awaken!" A familiar voice exclaims. "I was beginning to think you would never wake up!"

I know this is Dean's voice so I try to sit up but the room begins to spin rapidly as I move, forcing me to lay back on the bed quickly. I squeeze my eyes shut and hold my head, "D-Dean!"

"Easy," He urges and strokes my hair, comforting me. "You have probably just hungover." He grabs my hand and pulls me up, letting me lean against his body.

"Deano?" I mumble and blink my eyes, hoping to get relief from pain. It has been a few years that I had the worst hangover for drinking mindlessly to get over the words that my mom yelled at me to discourage my dream.

"Drink." Dean holds a bottle of tepid water to my lips. "I have the aspirin and the hash browns are on the way up." He says, trying to cure my hangover.

I take a sip of water and hold him a little longer until I feel a slight relief from the pain. I give him a weak smile before leaning against the headboard, letting him move a little.

"I tried to wake you early for the gym and other things but you didn't wake up so I just gave up." He says as he opens the bottle of aspirin. "Here." He shakes out two pills into the palm of my hand.

"Oh, sorry." I swallow the aspirin with a sip of water and look at the clock to see the time. It's 9.45 am and my gym time was already over. I rub my face with my hands and try to think if I have any work today because I'm really not in the mood to go anywhere.

"Just freshen up if you can. I'll bring you breakfast." He says and leaves the room with a slight smile on his face. I'm really a lucky one for having him. He gives more importance to me and my dreams than anything.

I sigh and close my eyes, feeling exhausted. I should take some rest after he feeds me. I open my eyes and look over my phone when it rings. I grab my phone from the bedside table and look at the unknown number confusedly.

I swipe the button to attend the call and ask, "Hello?"

"Hi, Seth. It's Becky." The voice on the other line says. I don't know how she got my phone number. Maybe Dean would give my phone number to her, but why?

"Hey, why are you calling me? Do you want me to give the phone to Dean?" I ask and flinch a little when I move. I look at the door, hoping Dean will come sooner rather than later before she hangs up the phone.

"No.. I just want to talk to you about something privacy. Can you come to Taste of Tenille at 12.00 pm?" She asks without knowing about my situation.

"I feel sick so shall we meet another day?" I try to set the meeting another day by telling my situation but she doesn't understand and forces me to come, "Please... it's very urgent and I want to see you."

I don't know what to tell her so I look around the room, hoping to get some excuse. Before I decide to tell her the truth, she says, "If you care about Dean, then come to Taste of Tenille on time."

"Okay," I mumble and sigh when she hangs up the phone. I drop the phone down and play with it mindlessly as I think about the meeting. I don't know what she wants to talk to me. Anyway, I will get the answer once I see her.

Becky POV:

I step through the doors of Taste of Tenille and look around it until a hostess shows me to a table. I sit on the chair and wait for Seth to arrive here. What does that twink think about himself that he is a beauty queen or something? He doesn't have manners to arrive here on time.

I grit my teeth as time goes on because it makes me lose my patience. I sigh when he walks in through the door ten minutes later. I make sure to plaster on a smile as I stand up from the table. "Hey," I greet him as he approaches the table.

"Hey," He smiles back and gives me a friendly hug. "This place is gracious." He says as he looks around at the decor.

I didn't call him to see the cream-colored walls and enormous windows that let in a lot of the natural light in this place. How could a carnation pink and violet in accents and accessories be good? Maybe he has told this for some formality. I shouldn't come to this place on anything, but it's enough for this twink.

I sigh and hold out the seat for him. Once he is seated, I return to my seat and cross my legs on one another. "Sorry for the late." He says and still looks around the place.

"What made you late?" I ask curiously.

"..It was difficult to convince Dean to reach here." He says, holding his stomach a little and leans back on the chair uncomfortably.

Is he really sick? I thought he lied to me to avoid the meeting. Does it matter he is sick? No. I don't care whatever happens to him, so I concentrate on my thing. "What you told to Dean?" I ask, hoping he wouldn't spill my name out to him.

"I told him that I'm going to the performance center." He says and looks over at the waitress when she comes to our table.

I look at her and tap my finger on my cheek as she stands in front of us. She's not bad. Her dressy dark violet and black slacks fit well over her figure. Her wheat-colored hair is pulled back from her lovely face. She smiles brightly as she introduces herself, "Hi! Welcome to Taste of Tenille. I'm Lacey and I will be your server today. What can I get you to drink?"

"Just bring two glasses of water, sweetheart," I say without asking him about his wanting because I didn't call him for lunch or anything.

When she walks off to get my order, I raise an eyebrow at him as he looks over at me. He blinks his eyes and looks around once again before getting into the point, "What do you want to talk to me?"

I shrug and glare at him, "Well... what's going on your mind?"

"I-I don't know what are you talking.." He stutters, pretending he knows nothing.

"You know I and Dean love each other, then why are you in between our lives? I know you try to separate us. What do you think? He is yours just because you married him. Nah, he is always mine. Mine!" I yell in his face and show my anger all out.

"I-I.." He flinches and looks at me with wide eyes.

"Just shut up." I stop him, not wanting to hear anything from his mouth. "Look, Seth! You can find someone else if you want. Don't come between us. Just try to understand your limit. Stay away from Dean!" I say as just as Lacey returns with our order.

"Are you ready to order now or do you still need some time?" She asks while placing the glasses down.

"Lacey, what do you think about us?" I ask her, pointing to Seth with me.

"You two are dating!" She mumbles and looks over at him before turning her attention back to me.

"Am I mad to date with him? If I want to date with someone, they will be in my range. Maybe I could date with him for his money or something just like Dean married him." I dig a needle right in his heart and turn to look at him, "Seth, your marriage with Dean is just for a business dealing. Right?"

His fingers shake when a single drop of tear falls from his eyes. He lifts his hand up to wipe the tear away and gets up from the chair, leaving the cafe. I hope he won't cross my path again.

I lean back on the chair and look at Lacey, "Sweetheart, can you bring a strawberry mango lemon drop martini?"

She nods and gets on her heels to bring the order for me. My stomach growls since I talked to him, but I don't want to buy him something on my money for calling him here. Maybe he would leave his wallet at home this time as well.