Chapter 25

Seth POV:

I stop the car in front of my house and wipe the tear away, hoping Dean will not notice. I step out of the car and control my tears before entering the house. I walk past him as he watches television in the living room.

I go to my room and sit on the bed, feeling sick. I take a deep breath and calm myself, not wanting him to know about what happened in the restaurant with his girlfriend. I hold my stomach when it growls, rubbing it gently.

I look up at him as he holds a plate in front of my face. "Just eat before the pain in your stomach increases." He says and sits on the bed next to me.

"I'm not hungry." I lie to him and get up from the bed, not having the strength to face him. I open the closet and grab fresh clothes from it before entering the bathroom. I take a hot shower until I have the guts to face him.

I get out of the shower as I dry my hair with the towel and notice a plate on the bed. I look around the room and find him not here with me. I throw the towel on the bed and take a plate to eat the food.

As I eat the food, I choke a little and turn around to look for the water. My eyes drop to the glass that is held by a hand. I drag my eyes up from the hand to the icy blue eyes of Dean as he stares at me.

"Drink," He nods at me and pushes the glass to my mouth.

I take a sip of water and nod at him, wiping my mouth. I pick up the spoon and fill it with food, eating slowly as I see him in the corner of my eye. I swallow the food with fear in my heart of whether he has doubt in my activities.

"I told you already to eat lunch before leaving the house but you didn't hear any of my words. Just listen, you can't do anything if you're weak and I won't let you again to the performance center if you don't fill your tummy." He says in a grueling tone and holds his hand out for the plate when I'm finished eating.

I grit my teeth and swat his hand away, "Who are you to allow me somewhere? Don't take advantage of me in the right of being my husband. Just remember, our marriage is just a business dealing!" I yell in his face and get out of the room, not having the heart to see the hurt in his face.

I go to the kitchen and put the plate aside, leaning against the counter. "Sorry Dean, I didn't mean to hurt you. I have no other way to make you stay away from me because I'm not what she told. I didn't try to get you from her!" I wipe the tear away when it starts to flow on my cheeks.

I sigh and return to the room with fake anger on my face. I ignore him and sit on the bed with my phone in my hand as he stares at the floor. I check the texts and reply to some of them, hoping it will help me forget her words for a few minutes.

I look up at him as I hear him mumble under his breath, "Sorry." I ignore him and pay attention to my phone again until he leaves the room. I throw the phone away and palm my face, crying hard for hurting him.

Dean POV:

I go to the living room and sit on the couch with my elbows braced on my knees and head in my hands. I think about the entire scene that happened in the bedroom. I can feel something is wrong because Seth doesn't talk to me like that.

I know him very well and he can't talk to someone like that, especially to me. I know our marriage is just a business dealing, but it doesn't matter now. I know his every attitude than my girlfriend so I'm sure something is going on. What could happen in the performance center? Did his sponsor tease about our marriage? If he does anything like that, I will kill him.

I stay in the living room the whole evening and ignore Becky's calls while thinking about Seth and the things that happened with him. I know I need to face Becky and convince her for ignoring her calls, but I will do that later.

I check on Seth eventually as time goes on and give him space to clear his mind. When I feel tired, I look over at the clock to check whether it's time for going to sleep. Yeah... It's getting late.

I yawn and go to our room, seeing him read a book. I stare at him and hope he will spill out what is bothering him, but he doesn't. He slams the book on the bedside table with fake anger and lies on the bed.

I sigh and lay on the bed beside him without saying anything and close my eyes with my hand rested on my forehead. I can't sleep with the heavy thoughts in my mind so I roll on to his side and try to talk to him but shake my head and decide against it.

I know he is hiding something, and he has never been really good at hiding things to me. I know he still doesn't sleep by the shaking of the bed. How can he sleep peacefully without burying his face in my neck?

As much as I hope he will spill out what happened in the performance center and try not to let my mind wander, I can't help when he just gets up from the bed and disappears into the bathroom.

I hear the tap running sound from the background for a few minutes until I doubt him for not coming outside. I get up from the bed and put my ear to the door to hear any noise from inside, but the sound of the water doesn't let me hear anything.

I lose my patience and knock on the door, "Seth, just come outside."

After a few minutes, the door gets unlocked, and he gets out of the bathroom with a wet face. Maybe he would splash some water on his face to hide the tear-stained cheeks. However, as he erased the tear from his cheeks, he forgot to erase the tear from his eyes.

I go to the bathroom and look around for a few minutes before getting out of it. I return to bed and lay next to him, feeling him shake on the bed. I sigh and ignore his protest as I pull him against me and let him bury his face in the crook of my neck.