Chapter 26

Dean POV:

I groan as I wake up from my peaceful sleep and roll over to see the sleeping beauty next to me. I need to make sure he had a good sleep, especially after last night's rigorous activities. "Good morning, darling." I begin to say until I see the empty bed.

I let out a frustrated sigh and swing my legs over the edge of the bed, hoping he will be here somewhere. I look at the clock and notice the time is almost reached for him going to the gym. As I get up from the bed, I notice a small note on the bedside table.

"Now, I'm going to the gym. After that, I'll go to the performance center so don't need to worry about me." - Seth

As I read the note, I get angry so I crush the paper and throw away. I open the closet and grab fresh clothes to take a shower. Once I'm done showering, I get in the living room and lay on the couch with the thoughts of him.

I open my eyes slowly when I hear the sound of the door open. I look at the door and see Becky enter the house with a slight smile on her face. "Hey babe, why didn't you attend my call?" She asks as she makes her way to me.

I close my eyes and place my hand on my forehead, not wanting to distract my mind from Seth. "I feel sick since yesterday so I didn't mind attending it." I hope she will understand and leave my house, letting me on my way.

I narrow my eyes as I feel her hand on my arm and steady myself to sit on the couch. I need to make her understand that I'm not in the mood. Before I talk to her, she asks as she looks around the house, "Where is Seth? He doesn't seem in the house."

"Yeah... He went to the performance center earlier." I say and rub my face with my hands. I don't want to talk about this with her, even if she is my girlfriend. I know about her well, if I tell her what happened with him, she will talk shit about him and our marriage.

"Oh, I think you ate nothing yet. It's not a problem, just wait, I'll prepare some breakfast for you." She says and makes her way to the kitchen, but I stop her by grabbing her hand. She looks at me confused as I mumble to her, "Seth doesn't like anyone maintains our kitchen except us."

She glares at me before nodding her head slowly. "It's okay. I just check your refrigerator for something to you eat." She pulls my hand off of her and goes to the kitchen.

She returns to the living room with two large supreme pizzas and I look at it with a little confused because I'm sure we didn't have any pizzas last night in the refrigerator. Maybe Seth would order these pizzas for me and place it in the refrigerator before he left for the performance center.

I get out of my thoughts when she snaps her fingers in front of my face. "So," She says and raises an eyebrow at me, "What is bothering you? You seem a little out since morning."

I raise an eyebrow right back, "Maybe you wanna think like that but nothing is bothering me. I'm good." I convince her and take a slice of pizza, eating it. 

I check my phone every five minutes for his text or call, but he doesn't do any of that. I can call him, but what if he doesn't attend my call? I feel bad if he doesn't reply to my call or text so I just wait for him doing something.

Seth POV:

I hit the steering wheel frustratedly for not having my concentration in the practice. I look at Marek as he encourages me by clapping his hands. "You can do this, Seth. Come on." He yells in the background with Roman, but I can't with so many thoughts in my mind.

I get out of the car and slam the door shut before lapping the building five times. I walk over to the wall and start to jog along the perimeter. As I try to concentrate on my practice, my mind again goes to the conversation with Becky.

I abruptly stop running and take a sharp breath, getting frustrated. I slap my face hard and bring the concentration back, trying to focus on my breathing as I start to run again. I can do it, and it's my dream, so I will do it.

Once I'm done with the laps, I pant and lean against the wall for support. I grab a bottle of water and spray some of it on my face before getting into the car. I start the car but Roman stops me and signals me to get out of it.

I nod and get out of the car, wanting to know what he wants to talk to me. "You need not prove yourself with this unfocusing mind. What is bothering you?" He asks and takes me out of the performance center.

"Nothing.." I lie to him, but he doesn't accept my answer and keeps disturbing me.

"I've been seeing you for like two hours but your mind isn't here with you. So just tell me, what is going on your damn mind?" He asks and leans against his car, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"I thought you see me as your brother but you didn't. You still see me as your sponsor. Anyway, go, and do your practice. I'm going home." He says frustratedly and opens his car door to get in when I reply nothing to him.

I grab his hand and stop him from entering the car. I let out a deep, shuddering breath and clasp my hands together to calm myself before spilling him everything that happened in the restaurant with Becky.

He glares at me and slaps the back of my head, "I won't blame her for this because it's all happened because of you. If you're good at keeping your husband in your hold, no one will enter your life. I think you should keep in touch with my wife and she'll give you a piece of her mind about it."

I frown and slap his shoulder playfully, "I'm not a kid, you idiot." I lean my back against his car and look up at the sky, feeling good after spilling the itching incident out of my heart. 

"Thanks, Roman." I smile and give him a small hug. I pull away from him when I hear a car horn catch my attention and turn to look at Dean as he gets out of his girlfriend's car.