Chapter 31

Dean POV:

Becky's words stuck in the forefront of my mind, loud, incessant, buzzing around like the beat of my heart, a hammering, heavy throb against my ribs. I stop the car and get out of it with a bottle of water in my hand to wash my face. I don't want Seth to figure out my mind when he sees me.

I get back in the car and look at myself in the front mirror, making sure I don't reflect like a drunk man. I start the car and drive to the airport to pick up my darling. Yeah... He is returned today!

When I reach the airport, I see him talk with his sponsor as he gets out of it. I missed him so much and I really wished he should be with me for those two painful days. I sigh and get out of the car, walking to him, "Hey, darling."

Before he turns to look at me, I throw myself into him and feel the warmth of him. I pick him up in my arms and spin him in the air without caring about others. I drop him and pull him into a hug, feeling good.

"Hey Deano, do you feel any sick?" He asks and pulls away from me. He places his hand on my neck and forehead to check the temperature. "Nothing seems like you're sick."

I smile and grab the bags from him, making our way to our car as he talks to his sponsor about some tournament. He waves his hand at him and gets in the car with me. He shares about his days in France with me during the entire drive.

I slow the car and get confused when I see Becky's car on our driveway. I turn to look at him as he grabs my hand and asks, "Is Becky here?"

"I don't know," I answer and get out of the car with him. I look around the surroundings in search of her but she is nowhere to be found. Maybe she would drop her car here and went somewhere when she noticed I was not at home.

I sigh and slip the key in the door, pushing it open. Right away, something is off. I hadn't turned on any lights before I left, but now the hall light is on. I grab his hand and hold him with me as we walk in the living room.

He doesn't understand what is going on and I know it by the look on his face. How can I clear his confusion without knowing anything that is happening around me? I try to convince him to go to our room before ready to check who has invaded our house.

I look around when I hear the footsteps along with Becky's voice, "Hey babe, I've got a surprise for you." She walks down the hall in a silky teddy. My eyes widen when I see her body wrap up in silk little clothes. Why she walks around my house with these shit clothes?

"Oh my God!" She squeaks and runs down the hall again as she spots Seth with me. I turn to look at his heart sink face and uncomfortableness. His eyes widen than me and his lips part in shock.

"I don't know she has been here." I try to convince him but she interrupts us and returns us, wearing a robe that is mine. I feel my heart is broken when I see the disappointed look on his face. "Seth.." I grab his hand and try to make him realize what is happening in front of him is not true.

"I guess I need a rest." He slurs and makes his way to our room.

I clench my fist and grit my teeth as I turn my attention to her, "What are you thinking? How did you get in here?"

"I'm always thinking about you. You lost your key in my house that day, so I used it to surprise you." She says, looking crestfallen. However, she can pretend I know her intention so I tell nothing and let her on her way.

"I think I'll leave now." She frowns and makes her way to the door. She turns to look at me and mumbles, "Tell Seth that I'm asking him and his sponsor." She waves a hand at me and gets out of my house.

Seth POV:

When I hear the footsteps on the other side, I get off the bed and open the door to see Dean pacing back and forth there. He doesn't notice the door opening until I clear my throat. He jumps, startled, but it's like everything in him slows down in my presence.

"Are you coming in?" I ask, turning around and retreat inside without checking to see if he is following me.

He steps inside and closes the door behind him. I say nothing, just make my way to the bed and sit on it, leaning against the headboard. I stare straight ahead at the television and try to look casual and unaffected.

My heart rate increases again when he sits on the bed in front of me. He tries to get my attention but I look away, not wanting to meet his gaze. I don't know what to tell if he talks to me about his girlfriend's tragedy.

"I'm sorry." He croaks out, figuring it's as good a place as any to start. "I-I didn't know she had been here. She tries to separate us by doing silly tricks like this so don't fall for this, darling. I won't cheat on you at any time. Just believe me.."

I nod and show him that I'm listening but I don't say anything, keeping my gaze lock on a point over his shoulder. I know it's not easy to get rid of, but it's not that hard if I have the heart to trust him.

"I don't know what to say." He admits, folding his hands together between my spreading legs.

I blink rapidly and try to will away the prickle of tears burning in my eyes. "Come here," I say, holding a hand out for him to take and he does, collapsing forward against my chest, burying his face in the crook of my neck. He smells like safety, home, love, protection, and all the things that I want in my life.

"I'm so sorry for hurting you." He says again and again until he is merely mouthing the words against my skin.

I smooth my hand up and down the line of his back and he melts into it until my hands move up to either side of his jaw, pulling him back so he can see my face. "Never make me see this shit again even if it's some silly tricks. Because I can't-" My voice cracks and I shake my head, shutting my eyes as I lean forward to rest my forehead against his.

He closes the small bit of distance between us and presses a kiss to the edge of my lips. I pull away and stare at him, not knowing what to do. Is it the feelings Roman has talked to me always?