Chapter Nineteen: We're A Firework

A/N:

Thank you for those who are reading this story, please continue reading and voting and commenting. It really inspires me to write more.

This is an interesting chapter, at least for me it is.

xoxo,

insanelyimmature

o - o - o - o - o - o - o - o - o - o - o - o - o - o - o - o

[CHAPTER NINETEEN: WE'RE A FIREWORK]

"I remember those sparklers at the top of the parking lot." Louis said.

"Yeah, and now we're here at the top of the apartment." Harry said placing his arm around my shoulder.

"Yeah, and now we got beer," I said smiling at the boys. I saw Arianna shake her head and the boys laughed at her.

"Hey, it's fine. We can control ourselves." Zayn assured her.

"Yeah, stop being a control freak for just one day." I said. "Enjoy!" I shouted throwing my hands up in the air.

"She's right." Harry agreed with me.

I smiled at him and got a stick of cigarette from my pocket.

"Hey, who said you could smoke?" Harry cocked an eyebrow at me.

"I did," I smirked.

"No," he said trying to grab the stick from me.

"Please," I begged. "It's New Year anyway." I said.

"No," Harry shook his head.

"Please," I begged once again.

"Fine, just one." He said.

"Promise." I said raising my right hand.

Everyone was there. The five boys, Eleanor, Bianca, Arianna, and me. I puffed my cigarette and looked by the far end of the roof top where I saw Niall alone.

"Hey," I said standing beside him looking out to whatever he was looking at.

Niall looked at me as I took another puff. "Hey," he said and I could feel loneliness in the tone of his voice.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Its just sad seeing my mates all happy with someone special." He said.

"Why didn't you invite your special someone?"

"What?" He looked at me as if I was a ghost.

"I remember you talking about this girl you felt a zing with." I said laughing remembering our little movie together.

"Oh, yeah. I can't ask her out anyway."

"Why?"

"She already has a special someone. And I think she's head over heels in love with that bloke." He said.

"Well, whoever that girl is she's dumb. She should've chosen you." I said smiling at the Leprechaun.

"What are you guys talking about?" Harry suddenly came and I smiled at him holding his hand.

"We were talking about this girl Niall likes," I said smiling at Niall.

Harry smiled flashing his dimples. "Well, we should go back there, you're missing out on all the fun."

Everything went on. We were out of sparklers which sucked. We decided to head back down Louis and Harry's apartment so if ever we get wasted its fine because we're inside the apartment.

The beers still went on. Liam wasn't drinking, well basically he's not allowed to drink that much.

Zayn and Arianna vanished like thin air. Louis passed out and Eleanor was cradling him on her lap. She fell asleep a couple of minutes later. That left us with Liam, Bianca, Niall, Harry, and me.

"I'll just get some water," Harry said and I nodded.

To be honest I wanted to get high, probably just ecstasy. But of course the others didn't like the idea so I just let it be.

"Cause you're my zing." Niall whispered and I laughed.

"That word really got into you," I said.

"Yeah, cause it's definitely what I felt when I met her."

"You never told me who she is yet."

"You know, maybe it's better if you don't know."

"How come?"

"You might probably hate me." He said.

"Do I know her?" I asked and he stayed silent. "Omigod, it's Lizzie!"

"What's with Lizzie?" Harry asked sitting down beside me.

"I can't wait for her wedding day." I said smiling at Dimples.

Why I lied? I didn't know why either. Maybe because I feel like it's something Niall and I should only know.

"We're going to bed now." Liam said. Bianca and he are still on the friend zone and I don't know why. Liam is such a good guy and I could see that Bianca likes him as well.

"Yeah, I'm sleepy too," Harry said rubbing his eyes.

"Go ahead; I'll stay a little bit more." I said.

"Okay, good night baby." He said kissing me on the forehead.

I was sitting on the couch next to Niall and we were silent. "It's not Lizzie that I fancy."

I looked at his blue eyes. "Then who?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

Niall placed both his hands on his face. "It hurts, but it's you I fancy Bree. I felt that zing when you first cooked that damn chicken."

My eyes grew wide.

"I tried pushing it away, but I can't. It hurts seeing you so bloody happy with my best mate." He said with his hands still on his face. His voice was different. Then I heard sniffing. Niall was crying and it broke my heart that I'm the reason why he's like this.

He started humming then later on words came out, like a whisper but I could hear what he was singing.

I hear the beat of my heart getting louder

Whenever I'm near you

But I see you with him slow dancing

Tearing me apart

Cause you don't see

Whenever you kiss him

I'm breaking,

Oh how I wish that was me

I couldn't say anything. What was I supposed to say? That I'm sorry I love his best friend. That would only hurt him more.

Niall looked at me then held my cheek with his right hand. "He's so lucky," he said leaning in closer.

"Niall," I said softly.

"Please, just let me try." He said closing the distance between us. Our lips touched, but it was just a chaste kiss.

Niall stood up. "Cause you're my zing," he said smiling, but tears rolled down his cheeks.

o - o - o - o - o - o - o - o - o - o - o - o - o - o - o - o

WITH MUCH LOVE ♡