Bias

Ming's POV

"Guess what?" Yo asked before I even had a chance to sit down for our lunch break.

"You've finally collected every One Piece special edition figurine?" I respond with a laugh.

"No," Yo looked down with a frown on his face, "I still have two that I can't find."

"Then it was all the Naruto figurines!"

"Ming!" Yo punched my shoulder lightly before he told me, "I was chosen as the Moon of the Science Faculty."

"No way!" I said, suddenly feeling good about my own news, "I'm a Moon, too. At least we can go through this torture together."

"You were chosen too?" Yo smiled at me like I'd just given him a pink milk. "Great! With you around no one will even look at me."

"Don't be silly, Yo," I said. I hated the way he put himself down. "You're really good looking. After this contest, all the guys on campus will be asking you out."

"Why only the guys?"

"All the girls will be asking me out," I replied. Obviously. 

Yo's POV

Yo's POV

Finally! The day had come to an end. Orientation was tiring. We started with a long meeting, then walked around our faculty trying to get acquainted with the buildings. We had a short lunch break, then right back to our faculty to play games and meet the other freshmen in our majors. Before we left they gave us a list of upcoming freshmen activities and a schedule for the Moon and Star Competition practice. It's still a few weeks until classes start and the university is already filling all of my time.

I'm made some new friends though, and I already felt really comfortable and welcomed by them all. Montri and the gang had acted like we had known each other forever. I'd also got to meet my partner for the Moon and Star Competition, Nate. She's a beautiful, petite girl with a sweet smile. I can already see her winning the competition, she's perfect. We'd spent almost the entire day together, and it was like stepping into a new world.

In this new world, friends were easy to find and no one thought I was ugly and awkward (or if they did, they kept it to themselves). Leave it to me to make my first real friendships in university with a group of fairy boys, but Montri and the gang I met at orientation were just so accepting of differences and made me feel like I belonged. I already felt like they were angels sent down just for me. Of course, they could also have been sent down just to annoy me. But if I've learned one thing in life, if you want great friends, you have to be a great friend too. So I was willing to accept their flaws like they accepted mine.

The next morning I was woken by loud banging sounds coming from the hallway. It didn't sound like it was my door, but I was hoping that the door's owner would open it soon, because I wanted to go back to sleep.