Pink Milk & Happiness

Yo's POV

Forth gave me a ride on his motorcycle so that I wouldn't miss practice. I have to admit, riding with him was fun. He was a good driver and he was fast. I resisted the urge to put my arms around his waist during our short ride, but I almost lost the fight. Why am I thinking about Forth so much? Does that make me fickle? When we stopped at the building for practice, I took off the helmet and smiled. Forth is really very handsome and he's nice too.

"Thanks for giving me a ride," I said, looking down at my shoes, embarrassed. "I guess I was acting spoiled, so thanks for reminding me that this is for my faculty."

"Buy me dinner tonight?" Forth asked.

"Sure P'Forth," I answered with a smile. "I'd like that."

I know he isn't hitting on me, he just wants to be friends. There is no way I would be lucky enough to have a guy like Forth asking me out on a date.

I ran into practice, I'm probably already late, but at least I made it. I don't want to look horrible while we practice, so I have to splash water on my face to cool down and fix my hair a little.

Practice takes so much of every day and I am already tired of this song. How many times can I sing "1-2-3-4-5, I love you, 6-7-8-9, I love you" before I actually go crazy? I feel like my brains are silently dripping out my ears.

"N'Yo, hot pot tonight?" Forth asked as he walked up to me. We're finally having a break and I am already dying of starvation.

"Sounds good," I replied, taking a sip of my water and looking for a snack in my bag.

"Here. Put your number in my phone," Forth handed me his phone. I typed my number and smiled before giving his phone back. My smile turned a little sour when I see the person walking toward us. Ugh, Pha.

"Hey Ai'Forth," Pha said, ignoring me as usual. I wai at him and Forth as I step away, I don't need any more of Pha's bullying.

"Oh, hey Ai'Pha," Forth replied. I am sitting by the water jug on the bench near them, so I can hear them both.

Forth is as handsome as Pha, but Forth makes me feel comfortable while Pha is just a jackass. Every pretty girl on campus probably feels differently about Pha though, I'm sure he's nice to them. Jerk. I swallow a lump in my throat and look away from them. If I'm going to have a one-sided love, why can't I fall for a guy like Forth who will at least be my friend and make me smile? I'm tired of feeling bad all the time.

"N'Yo? Hey N'Yo!" Forth was waving his hand at me like I'm across the room instead of ten feet away. He must have been trying to get my attention, but I was lost in my own thoughts.

"Sorry P', I guess I was thinking about something else," I looked down at the floor, my face feeling hot from embarrassment. I am sure I look like a tomato right now.

"It's okay," he looked down to his phone and tapped on the screen, and I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket. "I just called you, now you have my number."

"Thanks P'Forth," I felt my face get hot again. Can a face get redder than a tomato?

"Send me a message when you're done tonight and I'll pick you up," Forth said to me, he walked over and ruffled my hair.

I wai to Forth as he leaves, smiling at his back when I'm called back to present company by Pha clearing his throat.

"Why is Ai'Forth picking you up, Shorty?" Pha questioned me, as if it's any of his business.

"Don't call me Shorty," I replied to him, annoyed. "I have a name."

"I asked why Ai'Forth is picking you up," Pha seemed to be getting annoyed. Geez. Is he such a possessive jerk that his friends can't be friends with anyone else?

"Yo, come get a drink before we have to get back to practice," Ming yelled to me. He walked over with a pink milk in his hand and I'm reminded how much I love my friend. I love pink milk.

Pha turned around and walked away as though we weren't talking to each other two seconds ago. Jerk. He didn't even say goodbye.

"That was like a Korean Drama scene just now," Ming handed me the pink milk, smiling so wide he might crack his face. "Looks like you've got the Medical Moon and the Engineering Moon fighting over you."

"What are you talking about?" I bumped my shoulders into Ming's shoulders and shake my head, "Don't be silly, Ming. You already know that P'Forth is nice to everyone and P'Pha is always rude to me."

"P'Pha was looking jealous just now," Ming asserted. I want to roll my eyes at this idiot, but I don't because my face is too busy making my pink-milk-is-better-than-anything-face.

"Thanks for the drink," I lifted the cup to salute him. "Did you go all the way down to the drink stalls for this?"

"P'Pha brought it for you," Ming said, watching me spray pink milk out of my mouth. I looked around to see if everyone is enjoying another free drink from Pha, but Ming said, "He only brought one for you."

I look down at the pink milk with a frown on my face. Why is Pha always making me feel so confused and hurt and hopeful at the same time? I jump up from my seat and start running without evening saying goodbye to Ming. I rush out to the parking lot as fast as I can and see Pha just about to get into his car.