Sashes

Ming's POV

As soon as I got my sash, I looked around for Kit. I smiled brightly at him until I had to leave the stage. Yo and I exchanged congratulations and he walked over to Pha while I watched my KitKat.

"Are you ready?" I asked, as soon as he was alone.

"Sure," he said. He seems grumpy, but he always seemed grumpy, so I just ignore it. My phone rings during our ride, so I put it on speakerphone.

"Darling, I heard you won the Campus Moon title," Muwan said over the phone.

"I did! You missed out," I replied. "I looked really handsome today."

"I'm really happy for you. I wish I'd been able to come," Muwan said.

"Baby, I can't really talk right now," I said. "I'll talk to you later okay?"

"Okay, bye my darling," Muwan said. I hung up the phone and asked Kit, "Where do you want to eat?"

"I'm not hungry," he said. I couldn't see his face, but he seemed grumpier than usual.

"You have to eat, you promised," I said, ignoring his protest. I took us to the restaurant where we had our first date and we went in to order. We were waiting for our food when I noticed that he seemed even more angry than his normal grumpy. "What's wrong?"

"Don't you have something you want to tell me? Darling?" he asked. Oh.

"You mean Muwan? She's my ex-girlfriend," I tried to explain. "We broke up, but we'd been dating for a year, so we just got used to those nicknames. It doesn't mean anything."

"Why did you break up?" he asked, finally looking at me when they brought our food.

"Well I started to like someone else," I said. Kit hated liars, so I just had to be honest. "It wasn't to the point where I wanted to court that person, but I didn't like Muwan enough to stay with her, so we broke up."

"You had a girlfriend when you decided you liked someone else," Kit said. "What an ass."

"It might not have been the nicest thing to do, but I knew that I shouldn't stay with Muwan when I liked someone else. That wouldn't have been fair to her," I told him. "Now I am courting the person I like. He's sitting in front of me right now."

Kit choked on the food he had just put in his mouth and took a long sip of his drink. I took that opportunity to continue to explain, "I didn't stop calling her baby because it was just a habit, but I didn't think about how that would make you feel. I'm sorry."

He ignored me and kept eating his food. At least he doesn't seem angry anymore. We finished eating and I drove him home. Before we arrived, Muwan called again. It was pretty embarrassing, but I put her on speakerphone again and told her that I couldn't call her baby anymore because I didn't want to hurt my boyfriend's feelings. She was upset and thought I was lying about having someone else, but I had to end it now.

"I'm hurt too, you know," I said to Kit as soon as I got off the phone and we stopped at his dorm. "But I couldn't keep dating her, when I only want to look at you."

Kit smiled a little, and then moved to get out of my car. I stopped him and gave him my sash, telling him that I wanted him to have it. I knew I would need it later, but I won it for him, so he should get to keep it until I had to use it again.

When I got home I saw that Kit had liked my competition photos. He had also changed his LINE account to KitKat. My heart fluttered in my chest. Today was a very good day.

 Today was a very good day

Joss's POV

Yo sent me a text, letting me know about all his awards. He sent me a picture of his sashes and a link to the competition webpage, so I could watch the whole thing. I was so happy for both him and for Ming.

The hardest news to accept was when he told me what had been happening between him and Pha. It hurt that Yo loved someone else, especially someone that I was sure did not deserve him. But I wanted him to be happy, so I pushed the pain down and smiled.

When I'd left to move to London, I'd done everything I could to help Yo gain some confidence, but it had taken so long for him to develop his self-esteem. He'd taken down all the pictures of Pha, and let other friends take a place in his life. He'd even refused to give Pha the bracelet. He told me he was withholding judgment until he was sure that Pha was sincere.

Now he seemed truly happy. Even if things didn't work out with Pha, I still felt like Yo would be okay. He seemed to have finally understood his own worth.

It was hard, knowing that Pha was with Yo now, but if Yo was happy, I would be happy for him. Yo deserved so much joy, and I would never regret the love I had for him. I would learn to love him like a brother. No matter what, I would always love Yo.