Questions

Yo's POV

Pha helped me carry all of my things to his car. When I saw the trunk of his car, filled with all my roses, I'd smiled and thanked him, but I refused to hand over my bouquet. Those roses were from him and I wanted to keep them in my arms.

I'd already sent pictures of my sashes to Joss and my dad. I knew dad would never believe me without pictures. I just wanted to get back to my room, watch the video of Ming's talent because I hadn't been able to see it from backstage, and go to sleep. I would probably have to sleep for days to make up for the late nights I'd spent preparing for the competition. In the end, it hadn't been that bad, even if it was basically a beauty pageant.

"You're Ai'Wayo aren't you? From the Science Faculty?" Two young ladies asked as Pha and I walked into the lobby. "And that's P'Pha, the Campus Moon from last year?"

"Yes," I bowed in their direction, unable to wai properly with so many things in my arms.

"Do you both live in these dorms?" they asked. I said yes and then we continued to our rooms. I could hear them both exclaiming happily about having two handsome Moons in their dorms. I looked back in their direction, wondering why they were talking so loudly, but Pha immediately stepped in to make sure I wasn't looking at them.

"Don't encourage them," he said. Was he really that jealous?

Pha followed me to my room and hung up my garment bag in the closet and threw my bags of stuffed animals and notes on the floor. I put my roses down on my bureau next to the pictures of my friends, arranging them so I would be able to see them from my bed.

"Why are you looking at the roses I gave you when you could be looking at me?" Pha asked, putting his arms around me and pulling my back to his chest. He put his head on my shoulder and then leaned in to kiss my cheek.

 He put his head on my shoulder and then leaned in to kiss my cheek

Having Pha in my room tonight was making me a little nervous. For the last few days, he'd tried to be more physically affectionate, but I wasn't sure what to do about that. I wanted to kiss him and hold him in my arms, but I wasn't giving him more than that until there were more than just pretty words between us.

I was trying to trust him, but he'd been embarrassed about his feelings for me less than a week ago. I needed to know he was ready to let me in his heart, not just into his bed.

"Do you want me to stop touching you like this?" Pha asked, trying to see my face. I knew I looked uncertain, because that was exactly how I felt.

"If I wanted you to stop, I would have pushed you away already," I said, turning my face to him. "I do want to go to look at my laptop for a minute, so if you want to continue, you'll have to come with me."

We waddled over to my laptop, his arms still around me and his legs spread out so that he didn't kick my feet as we stepped around to the other side of the room. I sat down on the floor, allowing him to sit on the couch behind me, still in his arms.