Answers

One Month Later

Pha's POV

Today is the one month anniversary of the day Yo and I starting officially dating. We've been busy all month. We've both had classes and activities, but we always spend as much time as possible with each other. Even in the middle of a super busy day, when I know I won't be able to see Yo at all, he'll send me a text to tell me that he's thinking of me or to ask if he should bring me a snack. But today, we planned a whole evening alone together.

Our relationship has had some bad moments, like any other couple. Pring was still trying to get me to give up my Yo, but I just ignored her and tried to be polite. Yo had his share of admirers as well, and though it made me jealous just to hear about them, he always told them he was taken and he never kept it from me. It wasn't perfect and sometimes it wasn't easy either, but we were both doing our best to make it work.

I slept in his room more often than I did in my own, because then at least I get to be with him when he's sleeping. He's not been ready for more than just kisses and cuddles yet, but I'm willing to wait no matter how long it takes.

There was only one more thing I was concerned about — the bracelet. When I'd given him the white bracelet and he'd said he would be mine, I had pretty much expected that he would get out the black bracelet he got for me and let me wear it. I'd been excited about it ever since I saw it. But he never even brought it up. I'd seen it in his bureau drawer a few times, but I couldn't bring myself to ask about it either. Maybe he still wasn't sure about me? Maybe that bracelet just brought up bad memories for him? Whatever the reason, I was a little afraid to ask.

"Pha," Yo asked, leaning his head against my shoulder. We'd just sat down on the couch with dinner in front of us on his coffee table. "What's bothering you?"

"Nothing, baby," I said, trying not to think about it anymore.

"It isn't nothing if it's making you frown like that," he said, pulling back to get a better look at my face. "Tell me what it is. Maybe I can make it better."

"Are you happy being my boyfriend, Yo?" I asked, needing reassurance.

"Of course I am," he said, turning his whole body and taking my hands in his.

"You're sure?" I asked, feeling like a child.

"Pha, I'm thrilled to be your boyfriend," Yo said, looking into my eyes. "Even when you're crazy busy, I'll still be happy to be yours."

I took a deep breath and finally gave voice to the question that troubled me, "Why haven't you ever given me that bracelet?"

"What bracelet?" Yo asked. Was it really that unimportant? I was terrified that he didn't really want me and he had simply forgotten all about it? He stood up and retrieved the grey box from his top drawer and brought it back with him. "Do you mean this bracelet?"

I practically lunged for it, but he pulled it away from me, "I told you that I got this for someone that I liked. But you still don't fit that description."

I was taking in what he said, feeling the pain deep inside my heart, when he continued, "I love you, Pha. What I feel for you is definitely not just like. I love you more and more everyday. I suppose that I can upgrade this bracelet to a symbol of my love, if you're willing."

He placed the box in my hands and then leaned in to give me a gentle kiss. A little numb from emotional whiplash, I pulled the bracelet out of the box and stared at it for a moment. Yo loves me? Yo loves me. Yo loves me!

"Do you still want it?" Yo asked, watching me. "Now that it's a symbol of my love?"

"It's the best gift ever!" I shouted, putting it on my wrist and hugging Yo tightly. "I love you too, Yo."