Taking Chances

Author's Note: Up to now, the chapters of this story have pretty much been duplicates of my other version of this story, "Breaking Down the Wall." So if you've read that and have been skipping to the new chapters, now is when you want to start paying attention again. I know that the stories parallel each other and I've left some scenes in exactly as they were written in the other, but now is when the stories start to diverge. Enjoy.

Kit's POV

Kit's POV

Pha, Beam, and I are sitting watching Yo practice for the Moon and Star Competition. Poor Pha looked like he was dying of thirst and staring at a bottle of ice cold water that he wasn't allowed to drink. His eyes never left Yo, but Yo didn't even look over at us. I'm actually a little worried that my friend really doesn't have a chance.

At one point, Ging had scolded Ming and Yo for flirting during practice and Yo's face had gone an adorable shade of pink while Ming actually looked amused. Pha had scowled and looked like he wanted to beat the smile off Ming's face.

"If you aren't going to make a move on N'Yo," Beam said with his eyes glued to Yo, "I'm going to ask him out."

I slapped Beam upside the head and shushed him, but he just looked at me and said, "What? That boy can move. He's totally sexy."

"I know," I whispered, trying not to let Pha hear me, "but Pha likes him, so shut up."

My efforts appeared to be wasted though, because Pha didn't even notice us. He was too lost in his contemplation of Yo. I didn't blame him, Beam was right, even I thought that boy was sexy. When he was goofing off with his friends, he had showed off some moves that would have made the entire population drool.

"Hey guys," Forth walked up to us, sitting down next to Pha. "Got any plans for this weekend?"

"Not really," I said, being the only person who wasn't too busy ogling Yo to pay attention to Forth. I nudged Pha in the arm, who looked at Forth reluctantly. "Did you want to get together?"

"Can't, the nongs are going to the beach to do some promotional pictures and get a little break from all this practice, so I'm going with them," Forth said, turning his eyes to watch Yo.

"There isn't that much time left," Pha finally spoke up. "Do they really have time to go to the beach?"

"They need a break, Ai'Pha," Forth said. "They've been working non-stop. Poor N'Yo isn't getting enough sleep and he's probably not the only one feeling the stress."

"How do you know ... ," Pha started, practically growling at Forth, but I interrupted him, "So you'll be gone all weekend?"

"Yeah," Forth said. "It's going to be a lot of fun. You guys can come if you want, we need more seniors to supervise."

"We don't have a lot of time," I started to decline, but changed my mind when I looked at Pha. He was shaking his head at me and clearing his throat. "But we do have a few days off, and it's nice to get away for awhile."