Forgiveness

Kit's POV

Ming came in to Forth's room looking like a kicked puppy. He sat next to me, giving me sad looks. It made me feel oddly guilty for yelling at him. He'd used a trick to get my phone number, but there really wasn't any harm in that. Maybe I'd been too hard on him.

As we all sat talking and drinking, Ming continued looking at me. I hated that his puppy eyes made me feel guilty, when he was the one to blame, but I still felt that way. I tended to be a grumpy kind of person, only showing my sympathetic side to my closest friends. But here this guy was making me feel like treating him the same as anyone else made me a bad person.

It was starting to get late and I was wondering if I should go back to my room when I got a call from Pha. The room was noisy with all the guys drinking, so I decided to go outside to talk.

"Aren't you busy seducing N'Yo?" I asked, wondering if my idiot friend had finally gotten his chance.

"He's sleeping, but I can't close my eyes," Pha said over the phone. "I just keep staring at his perfect face. I can't look at anything else."

"Get a grip, Pha," I said. "Just go to sleep, you'll have all day with him tomorrow. Maybe he'll sleep on your lap again on the way home."

I hung up the phone, laughing at my friend. He was just too love-struck when it came to his Wayo, but he never seemed to be able to get things right. How could a genius be so dumb?

Ming walked up to me, keeping his eyes down, his face frowning. He pulled a KitKat out of his pocket and stretched it out toward me.

"What's this?" I asked.

"A peace offering," Ming replied. "I just wanted to get your number, I didn't think it would make you so upset."

"Did you think staying on the beach would make you look cool?" I asked, annoyed at his attitude. Why was he making me feel bad when he had been the one to trick me?

"I wasn't trying to look cool," Ming said, looking up at me with his sad puppy eyes. "I just wanted to show you that I care what you say to me. You told me you didn't want to look at me, so I waited to give you time."

Shit, why did he have to seem so hurt? I grabbed the KitKat out of his hand, accepting his apology, while trying to maintain my grumpy attitude. He smiled happily at me, before sliding up next to me and putting his arm around my shoulders. I slapped his hand away and he pulled it back, but he stayed next to me, his eyes showing that he was still happy. What am I going to do about him?