TWENTY SEVEN | SWOLLEN EYES & PRETTY LIES

스물일곱 | CHAPTER 27.
swollen eyes and pretty lies.

Jeongguk smiled at his boyfriend who was peacefully sleeping with his biology book on his face. He even heard the soft snores and to hear them clearer, he pulled the book and placed it on the nightstand.

"You're so pretty." he dreamily said and traced the brunette's lips with his thumb, "But I fear I can't see this pretty face of yours for much longer."

"Cause you don't love me." the sentence came out more like a whisper and Jeongguk felt his eyes getting teary. Next moment, he acknowledged that his tears were already making their way down his cheeks and ended up on his thighs.

He quickly walked off Taehyung's bed and got on his before the other hears his sobs and wakes up. That moment will probably be very awkward.

"Goodnight, babe." Jeongguk through a sob said and laid down on his bed facing Taehyung.

"Gguk, wake up!" someone shook the raven head's shoulders and he slowly opened his eyes to see Taehyung sitting near him with a wide smile on his face, "Good morning, Ggu!"

"Good morning, babe." Jeongguk replied but realized that his voice cracked. He nervously looked up at Taehyung who got a hint that something was wrong by seeing Jeongguk's swollen eyes.

"Did you cry?" Taehyung that instant asked causing Jeongguk to panic and look away letting out a small, nervous chuckle, "Of course, not!"

"Then why are your eyes swollen and red? Tell me Gguk." Taehyung wanted to know what's wrong but Jeongguk didn't wanted to let him know and so he needed to go off topic right now.

"Why would I cry? It was just something went in my eyes and... you know." Jeongguk lied that Taehyung kinda believed, "Oh okay."

"So, you ready for the test today, Gguk?" the brunette asked earning just a quick nod from his roommate, "Yeah, totally. Biology is my favorite."

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Jeongguk grabbed Taehyung's wrist when he was about to walk away and asked while Taehyung knitted his eyebrows at him, "What?"

"My good morning kiss." the raven head pointed at his lips causing Taehyung to giggle and walk back to him. Cupping his cheeks, the brunette pulled his face and leaned over to peck his boyfriend's lips.

"Thank you." Jeongguk thanked and Taehyung was scared- scared of the tone Jeongguk had right now. It sounded so genuine as if he got the most valuable thing from him.

"After you returned from Busan, you are acting strange." Taehyung said after letting out a small chuckle and was surprised when someone back hugged him. It was of course Jeon Jeongguk.

Taehyung closed his eyes when Jeongguk wrapped his arms around his waist and got closer leaving no space between his chest and the other's back, "What? Did I become more romantic or something?"

The words came out like soft whispers near Taehyung's neck and he could feel his boyfriend's hot breath against his skin, sending chills down his spine.

Taehyung whimpered when Jeongguk's lips touched his cheek and then buried his face in the crook of Taehyung's shoulder, "Gguk."

"Hmm." Jeongguk could reply with just a hum as his face was mushed into his boyfriend's skin,, "I want you to do something for me."

Jeongguk pulled away. Taehyung whined missing the warmth already. He turned around and saw Jeongguk standing with his head tilted making him look like he was thinking something.

"What do you want me to do?" Jeongguk asked and Taehyung smiled.

"I want you to say the prettiest lie to me. Can you do that please? For once." Taehyung questioned taking a step ahead, "But of course this will mean nothing. Just I want to hear it from you."

"What Tae? Make it clear."

"I want to hear 'I love you' from you, Gguk. Please even though it's not true."

i just decided this book won't have detailed smut lmao