THIRTY | WE ARE STILL FRIENDS

서른 | CHAPTER 30.
we are still friends.

"Jeonggu....." the brunette was about to call his boyfriend's name but stopped when the other glared at him, "We are no longer boyfriends, Kim Taehyung. Hope this makes you happy now."

The raven head harshly grabbed his backpack and stormed out of the room after slamming the door real hard.

Taehyung knelt down on the floor and stared crying like no tomorrow. He didn't have a clue on how things are going to turn for them now.

"I am so sorry." he muttered under his breath and continued to cry covering his face with his palms.

"I am so sorry..."

Jeongguk came back after all their classes finished and stood out of the room as he knows Taehyung is in. After all he didn't attend any classes and even the raven head didn't see him in the cafeteria either.

Taking a harsh deep breath, he got in the room only to find the brunette sitting on his bed hugging his knees with his face buried in. Acknowledged by his presence, he pulled his head up and saw Jeongguk walking in.

"Gguk." the other called but Jeongguk just ignored and threw himself on his bed. He stole a glance at the other who was staring at him and immediately looked away.

"Can I please borrow your biology book? Mine got drenched in water today." Taehyung weakly asked trying his best not to stutter.

"So what can I do? Who are you to me huh? I am not your boyfriend anymore. Go ask someone else for it." Jeongguk bitterly said making Taehyung to hang his head low and bit his bottom lip choking back a tear.

"We are still friends, right?" Taehyung asked hoping Jeongguk would say yes but the other just let out a chuckle and stared at him in disbelief, "You really think so? Friends? Woah Kim Taehyung, you know what, I don't want a selfish friend like you. Go fuck off!"

Jeongguk realized what he said. That was too much to be honest and now when he looked at Taehyung, he saw how much he was trying to be calm.

"Hmm, you are right. No one wants me as their friend. It's fine, Gguk." Taehyung's jaw went firm and he looked away from the other not wanting to let the other see the tear stains on his face.

"I am sorry." Taehyung's voice broke as he apologized but nothing seems to get Jeongguk's attention as he continued to do something in his phone.

The brunette let out a small sigh when Jeongguk pulled himself to his feet and was about to just get out of this room cause this silence was suffocating him but again he didn't want to talk to the other either.

But Taehyung wanted to apologize again and so he rushed after the raven head and grabbed his arm.

"What do you fucking want!" Jeongguk out of reflexes turned around and did something he never even dreamt of. He pushed Taehyung harshly causing him to almost fall but luckily the raven head held him by his waist and saved him.

Jeongguk's hands were still wrapped around the brunette's waist and they froze when their eyes locked.

The former bad boy cupped the raven head's cheeks and softly brushed his index figures on them while Jeongguk just stayed quiet with his eyes boring in the other's, "I am so sorry, Gguk."

"Please forgive me. I am not made for love. I am so sorry. You really deserve someone better." Taehyung whispered hanging his head low causing Jeongguk to break the eye contact and realize how close their at the moment.

"Make up your mind." Jeongguk spoke.

"Huh?" Taehyung replied, confused.

"What do you really want? We broke up right so my feelings shouldn't matter." Jeongguk tightened his grip on Taehyung's waist and pulled him closer causing Taehyung's breath to hitch. Their eyes met and Jeongguk stared to lean in before whispering, "Or they do babe. Why do my feelings matter if you don't love me, huh?"

Taehyung was totally quiet and couldn't control himself when Jeongguk was so close to him. His hands automatically roamed up and crossed around the raven head's neck.

Their lips were about to connect when Jeongguk pushed him away but of course was super careful not to hurt the other; at least physically.

"We aren't boyfriends anymore, Kim Taehyung. We can't do this anymore."

so when i asked on my message board about giving this book a sad ending, your replies just gave me mixed feelings and now idk anymore. majority didn't want a sad ending.