THIRTY TWO | DO TO STILL LOVE JIMIN?

삼십이 | CHAPTER 32.
do you still love jimin?

Jeongguk and Taehyung didn't share a single word. Just stayed silent and kept on breathing next to each other ;; their heartbeats loud and clear.

"I love you." Jeongguk confessed for the thousandth time and pulled the other closer if that was possible cause there was literally no space between their chests.

"I wish I could say the same thing about you, Gguk. I am sorry." Taehyung buried his face in the other's well built chest and wrapped his arms around the other's neck.

"Do you still love Jimin?" Jeongguk suddenly asked causing Taehyung to pull away from the hug. He couldn't lay down anymore and abruptly sat up, the other following him.

The raven head scooted closer and back hugged his roommate before softly kissing his nape, "Is that promise keeping you away from me?"

Taehyung was sixteen when all this happened. Jimin left him when he was very young. The bond they shared was supposed to be a childish one that was bound to get broken someday but in their case, it was different.

Their love was young but strong. Strong enough to leave a permanent scar in Taehyung's head.

"Is he the reason you are pushing me away?" Jeongguk asked whispering against the brunette's ear, sending shivers down his spine.

"What are you talking about? It's not because of Jimin." Taehyung asked but deep inside asked himself the same question but got no answer.

"Then what's the reason? I know you don't just like me." Jeongguk asked.

"Love makes you weak. Makes you dependent. And I don't want to be dependent on someone." Taehyung turned around and held Jeongguk's hands. The raven head stared at their hands before looking up to have an eye contact with him.

"You shouldn't love me either. It will give you nothing but pain." Taehyung caressed Jeongguk's cheek and smiled at him.

No more words were exchanged between them and Jeongguk just stared at the boy who again shifted back to his bed and without saying anything pulled the blanket over him covering his face with it not wanting to see the other or even face him.

"Love doesn't make you weak. It makes you strong. It gives you the strength. But you just will never probably understand this, babe." Jeongguk letting out the longest sigh said and laid down pulling the blanket over him.

"We can be friends, Jeon Jeongguk but don't expect any romantic relationship between us from now. Don't get too close that I lose my mind." Taehyung informed from under the blanket causing the intensity of the sound low but Jeongguk heard it loud and clear.

"Fine, Taehyung. I won't come closer. We are just roommates." Jeongguk with a humorous laugh said while Taehyung silently heard this.

Only twenty days left till their finals. Only twenty days left till their paths deviate. They will no longer see each other. Probably never again.

"You remember you asked me two days ago that if Jimin is the reason why I am pushing you away?" Taehyung suddenly asked taking the attention of the raven head who was busy with some notes he prepared for the finals.

"Hmm. But you know what. I don't really care about you and your reasons anymore. I am tired already." Jeongguk rudely said and again focused on the lessons.

"You were kinda right. I can never probably forget Jimin. But what stops me from loving you is the feeling of losing the one I loved. I was dependent on him. My life stopped without him. I was so weak until he was with me." Taehyung explained ignoring the other's words and Jeongguk finally spared him a glance.

"I feel the same with you too. I feel weak. Whenever you weren't with me, I felt like giving up everything and....." Taehyung stopped feeling the small tears forming at the corner of his eyes, "You can't make me feel this way again. Kim Taehyung can't fall in love again."

"I am the bad one and I want to remain the bad one. Letting you in my life and letting you take control over it was the biggest mistake I made."

just finishing this soon !