THIRTY SEVEN | THE LAST GOODBYE

playing // love somebody - lauv

CHAPTER 37.
[ Last Chapter]
the last goodbye

"Turn your tassels!" the principal ordered and all the students turned the string thing on their hats to the other side of their head as a symbol, "Congratulations class!"

When the signal was given all the students present there threw the hat up in the air. Finally they graduated.

Now it was time for them to talk to their friends, families and teachers.

Jeongguk stood there alone staring at his ex boyfriend who was standing at a little distance from him.

He was going to his aunt's house after the ceremony. His mom was coming to Seoul by tonight and then they will get back to Busan by the end of this week.

Taehyung's family didn't stay in Seoul so they couldn't be here. But he didn't mind as he was also going back in a few days.

Taehyung also now stole a glance at the other and saw him walking ahead, towards him. He will never admit but Jeongguk still managed to fill his stomach with butterflies and that smile on his lips— Taehyung will miss that the most.

"So, this is it." Jeongguk said, his voice a little louder than usual as it was loud around. All the students talking with their friends, taking pictures that they will cherish their whole life.

"Yeah, I guess so." Taehyung said biting the skin of his bottom lip, sucking in a deep breath.

He looked just at the other's clear eyes and smiled to which Jeongguk smiled back, "Is it really hard to say yes?"

Taehyung hung his head low when Jeongguk pulled his face up using his thumb on his chin, "Ugh, I won't not talk about it. I want this to end with smiles on our faces."

Jeongguk cupped Taehyung's cheeks and shut his eyes close before booping their noses together, "Hope you be very happy in your life, babe."

Taehyung's eyes were shut as he felt the other's hot breath against his lips, "Hope you find the perfect one who will love you back."

"Yeah, I will. Don't worry." Jeongguk let out a small chuckle before pulling away. He grabbed the other's hand and intertwined their fingers.

"So the soft bad boy...." Jeongguk paused for a moment, "You are so stupid. Like you confessed that you love me but then the moment you denied. You don't know how much I wanted to kick your ass all this time."

Taehyung laughed a little, small tears rolling down his cheeks. The raven head wiped them and leaned closer. Their lips were about to touch when he pulled away, "Guess, I can't kiss you anymore. That would be wrong."

"Gguk...." Taehyung took a second when the second batch of tears rolled down his cheeks, "I am sorry. I couldn't fight myself. Whatever I had to go through after Jimin left, I don't wanna experience that again even though I don't know if you will ever leave me in that situation but still..."

"Try trusting, Kim Taehyung. You can't just stick to your past forever." Jeongguk caressed the other's cheeks knowing that this is probably the last time, he will get to touch them.

"I know you like but you can't be with me. I know it all but still if you ever like ever....." the raven head smiled, "Ever think of me as anything more than just your ex boyfriend, I am just one call away."

"Understood?" Taehyung hummed in response nodding furiously.

"Thank you for everything, Jeon Jeongguk. For all good time we spent together. I will never forget them." Taehyung thanked rubbing his palm on the other's that was busy caressing his cheek.