THIRTY ONE | THERE IS A HOPE

삼십일 | CHAPTER 31.
there is a hope.

Taehyung stared at the door as he continued waiting for the other to return. It's been quite long since he left and the brunette was worried when the other wasn't answering his calls.

He was about to call again when the door slammed open.

Of course it was Jeon Jeongguk.

The one sitting on his bed weakly smiled at his roommate when they accidentally had an eye contact. Jeongguk just rolled his eyes in return causing Taehyung to frown.

"Are you drunk or what?" Taehyung asked seeing Jeongguk's wobbled steps towards his back.

"My life. My choice. What's that to you? Huh. Don't try to be my boyfriend." Jeongguk bitterly said and let himself fall on the bed. Legs dangling from the edge of the bed, Jeongguk stared at the ceiling without any expression.

Taehyung just stayed quiet while he scooted closer but still didn't leave his bed, "I was worried when you weren't picking up my calls."

"Even if I die, it shouldn't matter, you selfish brat." Jeongguk said massaging his temples as his head was paining like hell. Felt like someone hit him with a truck, "So, just stop!"

"Don't say this." Taehyung whispered.

"Shut your mouth and let me sleep." Jeongguk glared and pulled the pair of converse he was wearing. Throwing them in the floor he pulled himself to his pillow and buried his face in.

Taehyung never felt so bad about himself. The one who claimed to love him was hurting him the most.

Jeongguk now turned around and again stared at the ceiling. He felt the other's intense gaze on him and so closed his eyes only to open them when Taehyung pulled himself to his feet.

"Gguk...." the brunette called but the raven head just looked away before turning to the other direction.

He felt someone laying beside him. He knew who it was but didn't even spare him a glance.

"Gguk..." Taehyung again called, this time whispered against the other's ear wrapping his arms around the other.

"What are you doing?" Jeongguk now faced Kim Taehyung who had small tears forming at the corner of his eyes.

"Why are you so rude to me?" Taehyung asked caressing Jeongguk's cheek causing his eyes to soften those were glaring a moment ago.

"Because you are heartless." Jeongguk pointed out before their eyes met.

"I am sorry but Gguk. Please understand. I maybe can never love someone." Taehyung reasoned while the other just let out a bitter chuckle.

"That maybe gives me hope." Jeongguk cannot but smile and forgot how angry he was with the other.

Jeongguk himself pulled his roommate's closer by wrapping his arms around his petite waist.

"I swear, I love you so much." Jeongguk confessed for the thousandth time and Taehyung will never admit that, those words resulted in butterflies in his stomach.

"You don't love me right?" Jeongguk kissed the tears away that dared to escape Taehyung's eyes.

"Love is a too strong word to name the feelings I have for you."

"Really? You don't even know what you feel for me." Jeongguk whispered when Taehyung buried his face in his chest, "You don't wanna know what you actually feel about me."

"I know. I just like you very much."

"Why do we move in circles and then again come back to the same point?" Jeongguk asked and Taehyung just stayed silent, internally agreeing to whatever Jeongguk said.

"Tae. I know you lost someone you loved that made you cold but that doesn't mean you don't deserve love." Jeongguk softly massaged Taehyung's hips before pecking his lips.

"Ggu...." Taehyung was cut off by the other when he shushed him placing his pointer finger on his lips.

"It's fine that you think that you don't love me like I do but at least don't push me away. Let me love you for the time we have together. Please."

taekook reunion :)