THIRTY SIX | NOTHING WILL CHANGE

서른 여섯 | CHAPTER 36.
nothing will change

Days started to pass so quickly that Taehyung just was lost. Jeongguk in no way was talking to him and that made the brown haired male so scared. Scared what will he do after the graduation ceremony that's after two days.

Jeongguk didn't even come back to the dorm when he was awake. Even if he did, he would just step out that instant.

He didn't want to talk to Taehyung. He didn't want his feelings to get stronger than they already are. He didn't want to be the one to get hurt at the end.

He didn't want to make a fool out of himself. He didn't want to be the only one falling.

The brunette was laying on his bed before he turned to his right to see the other's empty bed. Exams were over and that was probably the only time both of them focused on something else other than their messed up relationship.

Two days.

Then the graduation ceremony and finally they are over. They wouldn't have to see each other again and probably this feeling will fade away too.

Jeongguk didn't show up tonight either. Taehyung couldn't take quick glances at the door to see if he was here or not but he wasn't.

When he felt like his eyes are giving up and he finally closed them, he heard the door creak and Jeon Jeongguk walking in.

He swears, his heart rate increased rapidly. The raven head never ceased to take his breath away every time he walked in. But like always without exchanging any word, plopped himself on the bed with a long sigh.

"So, two more days." Jeongguk finally spoke after all these days cause he talked to him only if was really necessary that too if he was in the room by chance.

"Yeah, two more days." Taehyung repeated facing the other now who was already staring at him.

"What is your plan next? Moving back to Daegu or what?" Taehyung was surprised to hear Jeongguk talking normally to him. Though he missed his flirtatious talks very much.

"Probably. I don't know yet. Will apply for Seoul University and some others. If I get a chance then I will stay." Taehyung informed with a smile that Jeongguk loved so much.

"What about you?" Jeongguk's roommate asked back sitting up and pulling his knees closer only to hug them tightly.

"It's a wonder I am graduating. I never thought I would. I thought I would end up being a drop out." Jeongguk laughed that made the other smile softly.

"You are better than me stupid." Taehyung giggled before there was a moment of silence. They only stared at each other, just in the eyes.

"Don't look at me like that." Jeongguk looked away, so did Taehyung.

"I might fall in love in again." Jeongguk let out a small chuckle and Taehyung nodded, "Love is a strong word for the feelings you have for me."

"Oh really." Jeongguk knitted his brows hearing that.

"If you did, you wouldn't have avoided me like that." Taehyung said causing Jeongguk to sit up.

"Seriously Taehyung, your logic is total shit." Jeongguk commented, really annoyed at the other.

Taehyung just stayed quiet and started fiddling with his fingers.

"I didn't talk to you all these days cause I knew I will end up kissing you and then when we are done, you will again push me away. I get it and I don't wanna look like a clown."

Taehyung didn't answer. He didn't know what to say. Cause even if he says something, they will come back to the same place they are now.

They are moving in circles. The result eventually will remain intact. Nothing will change.

"Goodnight, Taehyungie."

Jeongguk turned around causing the other to face his back.

"Goodnight, Jeonggukkie." Taehyung did the same.

Only if they would have faced each other. They would have seen the other's tears rolling down without them making a single sound.

This was all unnecessary- people would say. It's just Taehyung needs to say yes and they can be together but sometimes there are a lot of things pulling us back from doing the right thing.

Taehyung was making a bad decision but for him, it was the right one.

one chapter left !

stay tuned <333