Part 6: My Heart told me, I must have you..

Hi Guys, I am back with my another update. I hope the promo had kept you all hitched to look forward and I could able to make enough justice.

I hope you could able to understand the feelings the characters are going on, and I had made enough justice for them

Kartik's POV

Those were the words she spoke and the next I was in my car, driving at a super speed of 120km/h. I rushed through the stairs in her building to her apartment.

I barged in and saw her gazing at a picture intently, dressed in a dark blue gown. She was getting ready for the party, for sure, but in between she must have got this news.

I slowly walked towards her, "Naira.."

And the frame fell from her hands and the glass broke into a million pieces. She followed the path of the frame spontaneously, sitting down on floor, and was about to collect the scattered pieces of glass,

"Nairaaaa!!', I rushed at the lightning speed to grab her hand which was about to make contact with the glass, "it'll hurt!", I cried staring at her in astonishment as if how could be she so stupid to pick up glass pieces.

"nothing will hurt more Kartik..", she spoke with tears trickling down her chin in gushing speed, "nothing", she was gazing at the picture of her parents, which was now broken, "nothing", she repeated and I encircled my arms around her. Sensing a grip, she tucked her head in my torso, and cried her heart out.

I kept my arms around her the whole night, and her tears were falling on my chest the whole night. I didn't let any thought cross my mind, except for this that how come I was so deeply affected by her pain. She was not even a friend. She was just a business partner.

They say that sleep can engulf you even on a deathbed, but here she was secure in my arms. I felt her sobs fading and I could sense her falling asleep.

Once I was sure that she was asleep, I slowly tried removing my arms, but she grabbed my coat tightly. I carefully slipped my arm beneath her knees and picked her up. On being picked up, her face was buried in my arms, and I couldn't help noticing how perfect she looked in my arms, as if, made for me..made in...

Before I could complete the thought, I led her to the bed, took off her shoes and wrapped the blanket carefully around her. During all this, I kept looking at her face, frequently. She looked so childlike, so innocent, a scared girl who had lost something so precious.

Once I was sure that she was securely in her bed, I thought of leaving, but seeing her face, it felt as if a magnet was attracting me. I sat beside, just plainly staring at her. I could see the frozen tears near her eyes and a few on her checks, I rubbed my thumb lightly over them, and the marks faded. I don't know why , but I felt like erasing every mark of tear from her face.

Those impressions of tears on her face actually embedded in my heart and they were piercing it. I slowly gave a light kiss on her cheek on those marks to let them fade as quickly as possible, not before kissing her forehead and lean back.

When suddenly her sleep broke, maybe as I shifted.. I helped her get up, when she suddenly hugged me again, not crying but I know she is screaming from inside. I just clutched her tightly as tight as I could I couldn't let her go, no not at all. Not this time, She is Naira...I can't see her this weak...

Slowly she sobbed and I tried my best to console her, I can't those god damn tears in her eyes, simply no for me.

I caressed her back, soothing her when I realized that her hair was actually tied in a bun, she was actually almost ready for the party, DAMM that phone..... But then something soft was touching my hand..wait what is it..???