9 | passata

"I love it when your legs tremble against my hands," 

Myra

"You fooled everyone here, Myra." I heard Mr. Hyde speak. His voice was filled with grief and disappointment. The worst part of this all was facing Mr. Hyde—after all, I had betrayed his trust.

"I had no option," I replied.

We walked into the cold basement once again and visions of last night appeared. It took me hours to fall asleep and now I was here again. Thankfully, there was a bit of sunlight so I wasn't as scared as I was last night.

"What is your story?" Mr. Hyde asked as he sat down on my bed. I was caught by surprise when he asked that. No one had ever dared to learn about my past.

"Nothing special," I shrugged it off as it wasn't anything but my past still burned inside me every single day.

"Tell me, Myra. Where do you come from?" He folded his hands across his chest and waited for an answer. "I won't tell anyone if you don't want me too."

"Why do you want to know in the first place?" It was quiet down here. The birds weren't chirping and there was barely any sound of the cars outside. We were definately far, far away from humans or the city.

"Because I did a background check and found nothing. I need to know where I went wrong," he replied.

"My background is clean—at least, my human background." It took me a while before I opened up. "I came from a pack in Ostbridge,"

"Blood Swamp?" Hearing my old pack's name forced a gasp out of me. It was something I never wanted to remember.

"Yes,"

"So, you were banished or did you leave?"

"Both of it. I tried to kill my Alpha and it went wrong, he turned blind and my family turned in the other direction—they wanted me to leave. Before the pack could banish me, I left." I explained without going in extreme detail.

"When you were sixteen?" I snapped a look at him. The Alpha must've told Mr. Hyde my real age as I remembered telling him that I was twenty-six.

"Yes,"

"And all these years, you had been living here, alone?"

"Yes. I didn't interfere with anything. I'm not a rogue, Mr. Hyde. I am a lone-wolf and I do not have any intention of harming anyone at all." I stated, making myself clear. People needed to understand the difference between a rogue and a lone-wolf.

"You still tried to kill your Alpha. That counts you as a threat to the entire werewolf kingdom," Mr. Hyde said.

"I was young then,"

"I understand, Myra but I can't get my head to one thing. You knew we had been behind you for years. Why didn't you leave? You could have lived an amazing life in a town where there were no werewolves. Why come here?" He asked.

A small breath came out of me as I smiled, "I always had a desire to live in a city and Ampleforth was the one I chose to stay in. Once I was settled here, I didn't want to leave, ever."

My. Hyde nodded his head. "And what about your scent? We had lost our minds trying to track your scent,"

"I don't know about that. I guess I'm simply blessed," I said with a laugh.

"And, mate?"

That was the question I wasn't willing to answer—I had no idea what to say in the first place. I had to stick with the story if I was going to tell Mr. Hyde about my mate as I knew he was going to tell the Alpha.

"My mate died, he was a rogue and he was killed in the nearby territory," I lied.

"I'm sorry, Myra."

"It's alright, I never hoped for a mate anyway," I shot a smile at him. There was a little truth in whatever I said. I never wanted a mate but I had one now and it was Alpha Bane—a greek God. "Could I ask you something?"

"Of course,"

"Do you have a mate?"

"Nope,"

"The blood moon was a few weeks ago. Did any of your pack members find their mates?" I asked, wanting to know about the Alpha. Mr. Hyde was the only nice man around with sense and mild authority. He could be quite useful for my games.

"The Alpha found his mate,"

I acted shocked, "He did?"

"Yes,"

"Where is she?" At this point, I was just acting dumb as if I didn't know the answer to where his mate was.

"Well, it's a long story. He found his mate but I guess she was scared or something so she left. The Alpha wasn't able to see her in her human form so he doesn't know who she is, although he is hoping for her to come here." Mr. Hyde explained.

Hope. I scoffed at that.

"That's nice,"

Mr. Hyde stood up and headed for the door, "It's actually good if the alpha's mate comes to him. A mate can soften the Alpha and trust me when I say that he will let you free if he finds her again." I wasn't sure what he meant by that. "Anyway, I will be back in a while but I will send someone with food."

He stepped out of the room and locked the door from the outside. I sighed before falling on the bed and laying down. My own thoughts and desires were killing me.

Mate.

Mate.

Mate.

My wolf was clawing me from the inside to spill the truth and be claimed. She was a desperate bitch that couldn't stand being without a mate but I wasn't going to let that happen.

I was going to play a game with the Alpha and if he won, he'd get me but if he lost, he'd lose his mate as well. 

Read upto chapter 39 on patreon 

www.patreon.com/miakerr